Bronx Suzuki Dealership=Super Shady

Information regarding future changes to the Kizashi. Press releases regarding the car and motorsports related topics go here.
Kelevra

Hello everyone,
This is my first post here so I thought I'd make it a useful one, (I've been monitoring this site for a while for useful info, but am now on the market for a new Kizashi).

I found a Bronx, NY Suzuki dealer that is currently advertising on Autotrader, specifically $8,000 off 2012 and $7,000 off 2013 new Suzuki cars in inventory.
Well, obviously this sounds too good to be true, as few other dealers are suggesting this much off in advertisements, with no catches, fine print, or asterisks.

The way they are doing this is simple, but very misleading. They are giving you back the $500 rebate on the 2013's or $1,500 rebate on 2012's, $3,000 Factory to Dealer cash, but here is the kicker:

The loyalty rebate, Military rebate, recent college grad rebate, etc, they are ADDING THEM ALL UP TOGETHER (as if all of us will qualify?), and coming up with the total price making it $7k or $8K off the MSRP. I spoke with them on the phone, and almost drove the 100 miles to the dealer to work on a deal. Needless to say, I figured out their little scam and questioned the General Sales Manager on it (he didn't want to give his name, and was pretty rude with me), he then finally stated, "come in and we'll explain how it all works." S H A D Y.

I answered that I felt the ads were very misleading as it appears all will get 7 or 8K off the MSRP without stipulation, they didn't like this very much. Needless to say, I'd avoid doing any sort of business with them. On Tuesday, I plan to call Suzuki USA and file a complaint. 800-934-0934, for whatever that is worth.

Please feel free to let me know what you think.
Moto
Site Admin

Thanks for the heads up. I have seen some other deals that look a little too good to be true. I might have to make a call or two. I have been thinking about trying to find a cheap sx4 for the girl friend.
Juan

I belive this dealer advertise in Auto trader.com too, maybe is cars .com but I have seen their adds too and question the amount of the discount - I belive is just to get you on the dealer in hopes to hook you in when you get there.
~tc~

It is not uncommon to see dealers selling these for less than invoice - $7k off MSRP could be realistic even without all the loyalty rebates.
2011 Sport SLS with nav Black Pearl Metallic
Kelevra

~tc~ wrote:It is not uncommon to see dealers selling these for less than invoice - $7k off MSRP could be realistic even without all the loyalty rebates.

They have premium SX4's stickering for 20K marked down to 12K, there just isn't that much $ in the car, profit wise. I then did a bit more investigating and found they have a really crappy rep for scamming people once they get them in the store.
~tc~

Conventional wisdom is that invoice is a great deal also, and in this case, you should in no way be paying invoice. Suzuki must have some monster holdbacks on their cars and dealers get a monster rebate at the end of the year
Ocho

I also have been lurking on this board and saw those ads. Thanks for the info on the Bronx dealer.I'll keep that in mind in shopping for Kiz.
Kelevra

Ocho wrote:I also have been lurking on this board and saw those ads. Thanks for the info on the Bronx dealer.I'll keep that in mind in shopping for Kiz.

You're welcome. Apparantly I'm not the only one.

http://www.dealerrater.com/dealer/Bronx ... iew-41045/
Kelevra

~tc~ wrote:Conventional wisdom is that invoice is a great deal also, and in this case, you should in no way be paying invoice. Suzuki must have some monster holdbacks on their cars and dealers get a monster rebate at the end of the year

The holdbacks are not much, from what I have seen. The way I'm understanding it is that there is $3-4K in Factory to Dealer (hidden) cash, so add that on to the $500 (2013) or $1,500 (2012) and then figure out what actual Dealer Invoice is (who really knows what this is? 15% of MSRP?), and then you may come close to your bottom line.
If anyone really knows what invoice is on the Kizashi (not the BS one's posted on KBB, Edmunds and what have you), then please post it up. I agree with you that there is prolly a huge Factory to Dealer incentive to get these sold before year end. I wouldn't be suprised if the best deals will happen at this time.
~tc~

My dealer showed me the invoice for my car, and it matched what KBB said. SLS FWD CVT NAV 27100