Bronx Suzuki Dealership=Super Shady

Information regarding future changes to the Kizashi. Press releases regarding the car and motorsports related topics go here.
Kelevra

~tc~ wrote:My dealer showed me the invoice for my car, and it matched what KBB said. SLS FWD CVT NAV 27100
They can show you whatever you want.

I just looked up (KBB), a 2012 base and a 2013 base.
There is no effin' way that there is only $1000 in margin on a $19-20K car.
I sold motorsports for 5 years. The avg profit margin on most all motorsports is 12-15%, I'm pretty confident that the margin on a car is even higher.
NiteRider

I recall that margins have always been low on Suzukis. I could be wrong though.
'12 Kizzy GTS - Azure Gray
'10 Jeep Liberty
tbogan

I'm with you Niterider. From everything I understand there's not much margin and one of the reasons they've pulled out of the US is they manufacture in Japan and the strengthening yen vis-a-vis the dollar makes it tough to be cost competitive. Also, with such low volume I don't believe many of their dealerships qualify for much in terms of volume incentives from Suzuki. In my case from what I can determine I paid about $1,700 over what would be considered a good deal but I got about $2,000 more for my trade then its trade in value. I also got a super low finance rate from ASFS so all in all I'm pleased.

I am surprised I'm not seeing people reporting getting better deals now that the bankruptcy has been announced. I formerly got an 06' Accord EX-L for $6k under msrp and that was just a holdover they were trying to get rid of before the redesigned 07's hit the lot. Of course that's Honda so it's not apples to apples but you would think Suzuki dealers would have more incentive to move the remaining inventory. On a positive note for the resale value of current owners it's best for us that they don't fire sale these .

You know though, really it just comes down to how much you like the car. If you love the car and it's what you want does it really matter much that you shaved every penny possible of the price? On the other hand would you be happy driving a car you didn't really enjoy but got a screaming deal on?
Kelevra

Coming from working in the industry where all Suzuki motorsports products vary between 12-15% from msrp, I see no reason why their automobiles aren't close. Yes, I know what I want, but I'm also a smart shopper and am aware of possible low residual values.. Deciding soon. :-)
~tc~

Kelevra wrote:
~tc~ wrote:My dealer showed me the invoice for my car, and it matched what KBB said. SLS FWD CVT NAV 27100
They can show you whatever you want.

I just looked up (KBB), a 2012 base and a 2013 base.
There is no effin' way that there is only $1000 in margin on a $19-20K car.
I sold motorsports for 5 years. The avg profit margin on most all motorsports is 12-15%, I'm pretty confident that the margin on a car is even higher.
... And once you factor in what must be HUGE holdbacks (evidenced by low margin as calculated from invoice, and yet people selling cars for less than invoice) the margin is actually there for the dealer.
2011 Sport SLS with nav Black Pearl Metallic
Kelevra

Going back to the original topic, which was that Bronx Suzuki advertises cars at a price with all rebates applicable, even the ones that most won't qualify for. I see it as shady and simple won't do business with them. After talking to them on the phone, they were super-rude. Moving on. :mrgreen:
BxKizashiS

That's where I brought my kizashi at. Biggest mistake i ever did, smh
2012 Suzuki Kizashi S AWD
H&R Springs, RRM Intake, Magnaflow Custom Exhaust, NRG Bucket Seats, Takata Drift II Harness, Cypher Auto Harness Bar, 25 shot NOS(for now)
Facebook.com/jpreludesi
IG: N2OKizashi
Kelevra

BxKizashiS wrote:That's where I brought my kizashi at. Biggest mistake i ever did, smh

I'm sorry to hear that. When did you buy it and what was your experience?
09c300

It's a shame how many dealerships bundle all discounts to fool unaware buyers, and get away with it. I have researched a number of vehicles including the Kizashi SLS.
I found out what you stated ivery true. Most dealerships that do show large discounts do that kind of discount bundling. However like the other poster stated car purchasing can be very impulsive, and if a buyer is that way, the dealer will make out.
However since Suzuki is no longer here in the USA, I would think dealers would really have super discounts to offer. I'd take a chance on an SLS for a really good price, but from what I see, the dealers are offering prices as if Suzuki was still active in the USA. As much as I love the SLS and would like to purchase one, I can not justify buying one at current prices.
fjroman2

For what it's worth, I bought my car (a demo with 1600 miles on it) in Albany, NY - here is the deal I got:

$30,200 - MSRP
$6,000 - Rebate #1 (they gave me the $6k instead of the $5k since it was a demo)
$400 - additional markdown for mileage
$1,500 - additional rebate (not sure what this was for as I don't own a Suzuki, am not a Vet or a student)

$22,300 for an essentially brand new SLS. They also gave me very close to KBB "good" on my trade, so I didn't get robbed there either, in fact other dealers wanted to give me about $1k - $2k less for my car.
2013 Suzuki Kizashi SLS AWD - Premium Silver
Priors:
2007 Mazda 3S GTS
2004 VW Passat
1997 Nissan Pathfinder
2013 Honda Pilot (wife's vehicle)