Unless it's early April Fool's, Suzuki exiting Canada!

Information regarding future changes to the Kizashi. Press releases regarding the car and motorsports related topics go here.
chazyouwin

2010 Kizashi SLS FWD Gray; 2013 Grand Vitara 4wd red; 2012 SX4 blue; 2021 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV black

Previous: 2002 XL-7 Limited (2); 1992 Accord; '91 Volvo; '85 Toyota; '84 Celica; '73 Mercedes.
murcod

I wonder if it's only left hand drive markets they're pulling out of? A lot of extra $$$ would be used up to redesign from Asian market RHD to LHD.

Hopefully that makes us safe in Australia?
David
Stodge

I would say it's more about units sold? Or lack of? I don't think Suzuki sells many cars in North America.
KIZFAN2

well guess that means my car is worth $0 and I still have 15k to go on my loan. Will Suzuki offer buy backs?

I don't want to own a car with $0 trade in worth.
2011 Kizashi SX
KIZFAN2

Called Suzuki Canada and they are not offering a buy back. Warranty service will be available until 2025 and the dealer does not know how this will effect trade ins as of yet.
2011 Kizashi SX
Stodge

How would this affect parts? I know the Kizashi uses Akebono and KYB parts, but won't they become scarce and extremely expensive and difficult to source?

And who will do warranty work?
KuroNekko

Stodge wrote:How would this affect parts? I know the Kizashi uses Akebono and KYB parts, but won't they become scarce and extremely expensive and difficult to source?

Akebono and KYB are big names in auto parts and even supply OEM components for other bigger brands. I don't think parts would be an issue. I even had Akebono brake pads on my prior Mazda3 as aftermarket pads.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
Stodge

KuroNekko wrote:
Stodge wrote:How would this affect parts? I know the Kizashi uses Akebono and KYB parts, but won't they become scarce and extremely expensive and difficult to source?

Akebono and KYB are big names in auto parts and even supply OEM components for other bigger brands. I don't think parts would be an issue. I even had Akebono brake pads on my prior Mazda3 as aftermarket pads.
That's what I thought but if Suzuki stops selling Kizashis I can't see why they would keep making parts for it.
KuroNekko

I don't think the struts are proprietary to the Kizashi. They may be, but I have my doubts. KYB is a major OEM supplier to Japanese makers.

Also, the Internet will always have a supply of parts. Sites like rockauto.com and partsgeek.com will keep components like brake pads in stock.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
murcod

Some guys seem to be forgetting Kizashi's are sold in a lot of other countries and Suzuki isn't stopping making Kizashi's - just selling them in the USA and Canada. Brakes components and suspension parts (mentioned above) would be the same for LHD and RHD vehicles.

I still suspect it might be LHD markets they're pulling out of (due to low sales not making it viable to continue making LHD Kizashi's.) Are there any other LHD countries where they're sold?

It's law here in Australia that manufacturers must support their vehicles with parts for ten years - even if they pull out. I'd be most surprised if the USA/ Canada didn't have similar laws? Above someone posted support will be fulfilled until 2025 - who honestly thinks they'll still own their Kizashi in twelve years time? Aftermarket component manufacturers will still support them with brake pads, shock absorbers etc too.
David