suzuki sales

Information regarding future changes to the Kizashi. Press releases regarding the car and motorsports related topics go here.
lookin

suzuki sales up 51% in june funny thing though kizashi moved 717 units ...how can this be interpreted is this a good thing suzuki could be happy about ? 717 is not exactly good numbers but is it good for suzuki since no advertising spotty dealers what yall think...if im correct the kizashi numbers been inching up slightly from beginning of year
jimmerz

Most people that see my car like it. NO ONE has heard of it yet. (other than when I went to the local motorcycle dealer who sold suzuki's)

I think a little push on advertising might really help. It is a very fun car.
2010 Suzuki Kizashi SE
CVT AWD
Black
I stole the avatar because I liked it!
volunteer

lookin wrote:suzuki sales up 51% in june funny thing though kizashi moved 717 units ...how can this be interpreted is this a good thing suzuki could be happy about ? 717 is not exactly good numbers but is it good for suzuki since no advertising spotty dealers what yall think...if im correct the kizashi numbers been inching up slightly from beginning of year
The 717 is "good" in that it is almost the same number of units sold in the past two months combined (around 850). Considering there has been virtually zero TV advertising and nothing outside of the auto magazines, I guess that could be considered a win. It is still short of American Suzuki's goal of 1,000/month. Bad thing is, the car is finally starting to gain some momentum and the recall hits. Dealers aren't even supposed to demo drive the cars until the stupid little door has been fixed (thank God our govt. is protecting us).

Where did you get your 51% sales increase number?? Versus last June, this years numbers were down 5%. That is actually a huge improvement for Suzuki.......if you can look at negative sales growth as a positive. Best number in months for the entire brand.
vwoom

volunteer wrote:(thank God our govt. is protecting us)
:shock:
gaww

volunteer wrote: Where did you get your 51% sales increase number?? Versus last June, this years numbers were down 5%. That is actually a huge improvement for Suzuki.......if you can look at negative sales growth as a positive. Best number in months for the entire brand.
It could be 51% up from May this year. Surprised that they are down from last year, as those sales were way down from the year before.

I am mystified that Suzuki is not doing more advertising. I first learned about the Kizashi from advertising in California in January. They should consider marketing expenses as a necessary investment in getting the brand out there - even if initially it exceeds current margins on total sales. They spent a lot on R&D - but are now letting the results of that continue to be totally unknown by most potential buyers.
lookin

51% increase from june sales it what they meant google suzuki june sales
volunteer

lookin wrote:51% increase from june sales it what they meant google suzuki june sales
Figured it out. It's just Kizashi sales that were up 51% from May to June. Suzuki sales overall up 7% from May 2010 to June 2010. June 2010 sales were down 5% from June 2009 sales and year to date vs. 2009 is still off 49%.
JDReichert

:( :( :( Sense this is where we post Rumors, here is what I was told yesterday by the Sale Manager of our dealer where we purchased our Kizashi in February 2010. They are no longer selling 2011 Suzuki Kizashi's. Their intension is to either sell the Suzuki franchise (in Puyallup, Washington) this June or maybe just close that portion of their business. They may, but not determined at this time or at least told to me, continue to service the cars they sold. So, I contacted Suzuki America "Richard" and ask what my alternatives were for service. I purchased an 7 year/100k miles extended warranty with no deductible. They were no help. All he could say was "I'm Sorry" over and over again. The dealers are franchised and not controlled by Suzuki. If the other dealers in the area, there are two others, decide to drop the Suzuki line of cars, service could become a serious concern. Have any other owners of Kizashi's faced this problem, and what were your solutions.

Jerry 2010 SLS, 1977 Mercedes-Benz 280SL
VicLikesCars2

JDReichert: "They are no longer selling 2011 Suzuki Kizashis."

This is how it is with my selling dealer in Bradenton, FL. I was at the dealership very recently and he had two (2!) Kizashis on the lot. I think they were SEs as they were auto without sunroof or leather. Only a handful of other models, like SX4, were there too. There wasn't much business at the service drive, either. How these guys stay open is something of a mystery to me.

Like you, I have two other dealers close-by. One of these is the reason I go to Bradenton ( a 50ish mile trip across Tampa Bay, which I cannot get enough of...) for sales/service. But, in an emergency-type situation, I can and will go there. Then, if things really get desperate, there is one more up in Pasco County; a drive of approximately 45 miles north.

I don't worry about service that much. I had an 07 Reno for three years before my Kizashi (S, with 6spd) and that thing did great for me. Plus, this current car is nearly perfect except for that "clunk" (See Rattle: Call Suzuki).
I assume, but haven't looked yet, that there will be other dealers in Orlando and other places (...crosses fingers...).
JDReichert

:cry: :cry: I was just down to the Kizashi dealer about 2 hours ago and was told the two 2010 new cars they have are priced at $18,999 and are now considered as "used cars". Suzuki gave them some money back so they could sell them this way. No body will comment to what is going to transpire with regards to honoring the warranty, but we all know it will not be "Great" service in a couple of years or so. I'm planning to speak with the owner of the dealership next week and express my concerns for future warranty and parts availability.

Jerry 2010 SLS, 1977 Mercedes-Benz 280SL