suzuki sales

Information regarding future changes to the Kizashi. Press releases regarding the car and motorsports related topics go here.
~tc~

The only local dealer to me that had any Kizashi in stock was in the same situation - they gave up their dealership because they never got any cars from Suzuki. They will just be a used lot from now on. The local dealer to me stays in business on used inventory. I have seen a grand total of TWO new cars on that lot.

It's crazy.

I believe the law says that they have to make arrangements for you if you need repair under warranty.
2011 Sport SLS with nav Black Pearl Metallic
AlexRuiz

There were 3 dealers in Metro Detroit, 2 of them Suzuki only (Suzuki of Farmington Hills, formerly Bob Saks, and Consumers Suzuki)

Looking at Suzuki's website, both of them are gone, only LaFontaine remains :o
I'll have to drive a little longer as this happens to be the farthest one... now the only one in the metro area :(

Kizashi still to break 1000 / month
2010 Suzuki Kizashi S MT
RjKizashi

Suzuki needs a huge push in Advertising if they want to stay in the U.S. market.

The GrandVitara, Equator, and the Kizzy are outstanding items. The SX line up needs replacement.
Rj Arizona
2010 Kizashi SLS AWD/Wifes

Blackbelt

RjKizashi wrote:Suzuki needs a huge push in Advertising if they want to stay in the U.S. market.

The GrandVitara, Equator, and the Kizzy are outstanding items. The SX line up needs replacement.
The Equator is a Nissan.
The SX4 is a hell of a nice car, and very competitive.
2010 Kizashi S AWD
2009 Suzuki SX-4 Touring AWD
2008 Smart fortwo Passion Coupe
2007 Dodge Caliber R/T AWD
scorcher

Here in SW Florida I am on my forth dealership in two years: Sam Galloway, Ft. Myers Volvo (which is where I purchased it) Devoe and now Germain. They have a great product and the write ups in the car mag. have been very positive. They had an add ready for the Super Bowl but I never saw it other than on the internet. The add for the Super Bowl was very well done. The Kiz was being chased by the abomial snow man. Let's just hope they get their act together with their dealers and their marketing. Knock on wood mine (SLS CVT 2010) has been trouble free. I handle the general maintenance myself.
rktbrkr

they are averaging about 500/mo YTD

I HAVE AN se awd on an overnight test drive, it's a nice car but I'm thinking about leasing (for the first time ever) to hedge my bets in case they pull the plug, I don't have a close dealer and I don't want to do a long drive to have the maint done there
Delgado

In the us the October sales for 2011 kizashis were down 38% from last October.It sure doesn't look good.my local dealership ( Ontario) has two on the lot.maybe 8 cars in total.
lookin

i love my car but the main question is should owners of suzuki cars worry does it really matter if they leave or not
chazyouwin

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/americ ... 2012-01-04

Kizashi down to about 600 for month of December, 2011. Significant y over y for December, but this does not surprise me given our local situation. Our local dealer had many 2010s on the lot in December 2010 and created incentives to but, while it had zero 2011s on the lot in December 2011 (but quite a few 2012).
2010 Kizashi SLS FWD Gray; 2013 Grand Vitara 4wd red; 2012 SX4 blue; 2021 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV black

Previous: 2002 XL-7 Limited (2); 1992 Accord; '91 Volvo; '85 Toyota; '84 Celica; '73 Mercedes.
rktbrkr

Jan Kizashi sales were down 75% compared to Jan 2011 and this is in a generally good car market. they are selling at an annual rate of 3000! (They sold one single XL7 in the month!) Suzuki didn't even have a byline in the PR - nothing positive to point out.

I test drove an AWD at Cherry Hill triplex in NJ, absolutely the sleaziest car dealer I've ever encountered, they let me test drive for a day, put a couple hundred miles on it, after a very, very bad negotiation session they offered me the $1500 of discounts they had suddenly said I didn't qualify for a and offered me the 0% financing (verbally anyway), they were so desperate to make the sale they actually scared me away (plus the high pressure sleaziness).

The sale price I was ultimately offered was very good but the used car value will absolutely collapse when they pull out of the US and at these sales levels they have to be losing their shirts. If they can't get another car brand to rebrand their vehicles and sell them in the US I can't see them lasting long. The car is excellent but the stars are not aligned for Suzuki in the US.

(The new Subaru model seems to be sucking out what little life they have left)