Recall Code VG - spiders blocking Evap canister vent

Information regarding future changes to the Kizashi. Press releases regarding the car and motorsports related topics go here.
KuroNekko

I finally got the car serviced for the recall at my closest Suzuki Service Center. I had a 4 Wheel Alignment done as well and had the car back in exactly 2 hours. I think the recall work took less time than the alignment given I saw the mechanic working on both tasks.

I asked the service adviser about the recall and his experience with it. He said the recall entails the vent tube being entirely replaced, not just some addition of a filter at the end. The new tube includes the revised vent with the filter. He said actual occurrences of spiders in the fuel/evap system are quite rare, but he's seen a few. He said that in all of those occurrences, the customers actually came in because of a Check Engine Light. The CEL was a result of the spiders causing a disruption in the evap system.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
bootymac

KuroNekko wrote:I asked the service adviser about the recall and his experience with it. He said the recall entails the vent tube being entirely replaced, not just some addition of a filter at the end. The new tube includes the revised vent with the filter. He said actual occurrences of spiders in the fuel/evap system are quite rare, but he's seen a few. He said that in all of those occurrences, the customers actually came in because of a Check Engine Light. The CEL was a result of the spiders causing a disruption in the evap system.
Thanks for sharing. This is useful info!
KuroNekko

bootymac wrote:
KuroNekko wrote:I asked the service adviser about the recall and his experience with it. He said the recall entails the vent tube being entirely replaced, not just some addition of a filter at the end. The new tube includes the revised vent with the filter. He said actual occurrences of spiders in the fuel/evap system are quite rare, but he's seen a few. He said that in all of those occurrences, the customers actually came in because of a Check Engine Light. The CEL was a result of the spiders causing a disruption in the evap system.
Thanks for sharing. This is useful info!
Yeah, I wanted to pass it along here. Basically, if you have a mysterious CEL on, you may want to get it checked in relation to this recall. Keep in mind that these spiders are found all around the world.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)