Recall Code VG - spiders blocking Evap canister vent

Information regarding future changes to the Kizashi. Press releases regarding the car and motorsports related topics go here.
murcod

It's bizarre they're attracted to the smell of fuel, let lone can survive living in the evap vent tube.
David
LPSISRL

Has anyone actually received a recall notice from Suzuki?
2011 Kizashi SLS CVT (silver)
2005 Honda Odyssey
Priors:
2009 Suzuki SX4 Cross AWD 5-speed Tech package (vapor metallic blue)
bdleonard

KuroNekko wrote:I'm trying to find a recall notice online for us non-original owners to reference at the dealer, much like what I did with the rear shock TSB.
All I can find is the Canadian notice that's found in Bootymac's first post which actually looks like a government PSA and not even something from Suzuki themselves.
In theory the customer notice should show up on http://www.suzukiauto.com/Campaigns.aspx eventually, if anybody updates that anymore. If not, maybe somebody who receives the notice in the mail can redact any personal information and post a scanned copy.

Alternatively, you can go to https://suzukipitstopplus.com/Products/ ... gn-vg.aspx and pay $3.95 for the actual technician diagnostic and repair procedure.
Sluggo

I had these same stinkin spiders make webs in my Suzuki motorcycle carb vent lines.
The filters on the ends were an easy fix but it took me forever to find the problem.

Just got the notice in the mail this afternoon. Scanned for reference in case you don't receive.

Last edited by Speed_Racer on Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'12 Kizashi,'03 SV650,'04 DL1000
KuroNekko

Speed_Racer wrote:Just got the notice in the mail this afternoon. Scanned for reference in case you don't receive.
Thanks a lot. This helps.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
bdleonard

Hmmm, I wonder if my 2013 (tagged 08/12) already has this filter from the factory, or if it is immune due to some other design change?
murcod

A pic of the evap canister plumbing. It's located above the rear diff on AWD models (or where the diff should be on FWD models ;) )

I'm not sure exactly where the outlet (5) is located on the vehicle? Has anyone found it?
Attachments
Evap system.jpg
Evap system.jpg (104.96 KiB) Viewed 6601 times
David
Speed_Racer

I called my local authorized Suzuki service center yadda yadda this morning and they don't have record of this recall in their system yet. It may be localized, or Suzuki hasn't sent over the details to the dealerships.

They recommended I call them back in a few weeks to check with them again.
'12 Kizashi,'03 SV650,'04 DL1000
KuroNekko

Speed_Racer wrote:I called my local authorized Suzuki service center yadda yadda this morning and they don't have record of this recall in their system yet. It may be localized, or Suzuki hasn't sent over the details to the dealerships.

They recommended I call them back in a few weeks to check with them again.
So they are notifying owners before the dealership? Sounds unreasonable. However, news of this recall is really non-existent at this time. I've yet to find a published article on this and I usually have no problems finding some info on recalls.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)