Kizashi Recall (Shifting out of Park issue for Automatics)

Information regarding future changes to the Kizashi. Press releases regarding the car and motorsports related topics go here.
SamirD

Sluggo wrote:
SamirD wrote:
Have you changed the lines to stainless steel and the brake fluid to something more high-performance?
I changed the brake fluid but left the stock lines on. When I changed to metal lines on my motorcycles I didn't think the feel and performance was worth doing for my Kizashi.
What fluid did you use? I didn't feel any difference either except on my older cars where the lines were 10yr+.
Sluggo

SamirD wrote:
Sluggo wrote:
SamirD wrote:
Have you changed the lines to stainless steel and the brake fluid to something more high-performance?
I changed the brake fluid but left the stock lines on. When I changed to metal lines on my motorcycles I didn't think the feel and performance was worth doing for my Kizashi.
What fluid did you use? I didn't feel any difference either except on my older cars where the lines were 10yr+.
I used Motul DOT4. Its the same stuff I use in my bike. Most bike shop carry it.

Sluggo wrote:I used Motul DOT4. Its the same stuff I use in my bike. Most bike shop carry it.
That'S some pretty good stuff. I use Castrol SRF. Expensive, but it's the only compromise fluid that isn't dot 5.
bootymac

I wish there were roads around here that are fun enough to boil brake fluid!
n8dogg

Took my Kizashi in for the shifter recall after ignoring the first notice and receiving a reminder notice. It wasn't broke when I took it in but it was when I got it back! Didn't notice it right away until I bumped the PRND selector while at a stop. It slopped between D and N positions, almost like it didn't want to stay in D. While the car was in neutral the dash screen still indicated D. Took the car back in the next day and the dealer was good to get it fixed right away. They stated that the mechanic forgot to reattach a linkage something er other while reassembling everything the first time. Works fine now.
'12 Kizashi SLS AWD w/RF sound
easy to chip Vivid Red and 25% window tint
Pirelli Cinturato P7 Plus II
Power Stop Rotors and Pads
183,xxx miles and still lovin it!
Woodie

n8dogg wrote:It wasn't broke when I took it in but it was when I got it back!
:facepalm: Exactly
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
Ronzuki

^^^ yeah, what he said..^^^

Also received the second reminders for both the Kiz and the SX4. Even after the service guy noted in the 'puter that I refused both at the last inspections. Circular filed. They aren't broke, not "fixing" them.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
bootymac

And that's why I'm continuing to ignore that recall
oonchi

local dealer already changed mine. It is the lever device but now does not work well when I leave it in neutral, "N" doesn´r appears in screen and I must give a little touch to give "N"
n8dogg

take it back, sounds like the same thing that happened to me.
'12 Kizashi SLS AWD w/RF sound
easy to chip Vivid Red and 25% window tint
Pirelli Cinturato P7 Plus II
Power Stop Rotors and Pads
183,xxx miles and still lovin it!