Kizashi Recall (Shifting out of Park issue for Automatics)

Information regarding future changes to the Kizashi. Press releases regarding the car and motorsports related topics go here.
11zukizashi

Anyone have this done yet? Got the notice yesterday. I dont think i want to unless they replace the whole knob, mine has a little tear in the leather.
Woodie

Doubt that they'll even touch the knob, this is a problem down below.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
yezzaboss

My dealer did the recall work today. They had the Kizzie from 08:00 to 13:00. (I don't know, of course, how long the actual work took). Maybe it's my imagination, but it seems to me that moving the shift lever into "Park" encounters a bit of resistance at the end of the movement. I am happy to report that I observed no scratches!

Like others who commented on this topic, I was at first reluctant to have it done. Then I realized I'd be in a pickle if I didn't have it done and something went wrong afterwards.
2011 Kizashi 'S'
Dego

Just got this
Attachments
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (268.13 KiB) Viewed 17372 times
WIKizashi

I got it, too. There is a thread about it in the News forum.
Dego

So from reading all your comments I'm a bit confused.

According to the recall letter the shifter can fly out of park and the car can roll away. Sounds bad.

According to your posts the car will not come out if park on its own.....

Its a pretty long drive to my closet dealer and a three hour wait so I would like some clarity on this please.
LPSISRL

It basically means that you can force the shifter out of Park breaking the brake interlock mechanism. Once broken, you can move the shifter from Park to any other gear without stepping on the brake first which removes the interlock. It's not going to shift on it's own. You'd still have to move it, maybe even still pressing the button. The recall doesn't say that the button the shifter is broken. The point is that the interlock with the brake is broken, not the button to move it out of Park.
2011 Kizashi SLS CVT (silver)
2005 Honda Odyssey
Priors:
2009 Suzuki SX4 Cross AWD 5-speed Tech package (vapor metallic blue)
bootymac

Read the letter again. It's only a remote possibility if you're a buffoon and break the shift lock.
WESHOOT2

They ain't touchin' my car unless something is broke......
Ronzuki

bootymac wrote:Read the letter again. It's only a remote possibility if you're a buffoon and break the shift lock.
:lol: Pretty much how I attempted to explain it in an earlier post.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)