Kizashi Recall (Shifting out of Park issue for Automatics)

Information regarding future changes to the Kizashi. Press releases regarding the car and motorsports related topics go here.
delusional29

So is it worth it?
n8dogg

delusional29 wrote:So is it worth it?
If you never have it done you probably wouldn't ever know the difference. Do only for peace of mind I guess. What's the worse that could happen? I dunno, but they're paying for the fix now so hopefully I'll never have to experience any problems with it down the road. It must have been a problem somewhere to create a recall.
It's a pretty simple fix, should be "in and out". Yes, they managed to goof it up on their first attempt to fix it but when I returned it they corrected it right away and it has been fine ever since.
'12 Kizashi SLS AWD w/RF sound
easy to chip Vivid Red and 25% window tint
Pirelli Cinturato P7 Plus II
Power Stop Rotors and Pads
183,xxx miles and still lovin it!
WIKizashi

Got my 10th notice for this in the mail yesterday, lol! :mrgreen: :drive: Can't fault them for being persistent, I guess.
Ronzuki

WIKizashi wrote:Got my 10th notice for this in the mail yesterday, lol! :mrgreen: :drive: Can't fault them for being persistent, I guess.
Ditto, yesterday, both SX4 and the Kiz. Pass.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
z06jeff

WIKizashi wrote:Got my 10th notice for this in the mail yesterday, lol! :mrgreen: :drive: Can't fault them for being persistent, I guess.
Got my 10th notice last week. I made an appointment to have it done this Saturday. (I guess 10th time's a charm) Actually, my wife has complained twice in as many months that she had trouble shifting out of park. My hope is that the process of replacing the shifter plate will reveal something, or maybe the adjustment of the new plate will remedy her issue? For free, it's worth a shot.
2017 Lexus IS350 F-Sport awd
2003 Tracker 4dr 2.0
2002 Corvette Z06 :drive:
1968 Corvette 327