The Kizzy is still kicking.... In Pakistan of all places lol

Information regarding future changes to the Kizashi. Press releases regarding the car and motorsports related topics go here.
nytq

2011 SE AWD PLATINUM SILVER W/RRM INTAKE AND CUSTOM CAT BACK
KuroNekko

This is a huge mistake as the article near-explicitly stated.
The car is too expensive for 2nd and 3rd world markets. It bombed in India (where Suzuki is the #1 car brand) because it was too expensive. Now, they think it's worth selling for more money in a bordering country that is smaller?

Not only that, the Kizashi is only produced in Japan. This means high production and labor prices for the vehicle which is very unsuited for sale in any country outside the G7. For it to be decently priced in India or Pakistan, it would have to be produced there. However, unlike the Swift, Alto, etc., it's not.

I hate to say it but the Kizashi is a colossal global failure and it's not really even the car's fault. It's Suzuki's horrible management and this move exemplifies that. If I was a Suzuki executive, I'd kill off the Kizashi and use the lessons I learned from developing it to make higher-quality Swifts, GVs, Wagon Rs, Ciazs, S-Crosses, etc.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
nytq

The only positive I'm taking from this is that parts should still be available for the Kizashi. Every time I hear someone here say they cannot order a part because it's been discontinued, I get real worried. Hopefully that is just the parts distributors generic answer that just translates to "I'm really lazy and don't want to help you". There should be enough parts to service these vehicles for at least 10 years. I realize the prices will not be cheap and shipping times will be involved, but I should be able to order anything I need for the Kizashi for at least 10 years.
2011 SE AWD PLATINUM SILVER W/RRM INTAKE AND CUSTOM CAT BACK
KuroNekko

nytq wrote:The only positive I'm taking from this is that parts should still be available for the Kizashi. Every time I hear someone here say they cannot order a part because it's been discontinued, I get real worried. Hopefully that is just the parts distributors generic answer that just translates to "I'm really lazy and don't want to help you". There should be enough parts to service these vehicles for at least 10 years. I realize the prices will not be cheap and shipping times will be involved, but I should be able to order anything I need for the Kizashi for at least 10 years.
Despite some news sources, I've yet to come across any reliable information stating that the Kizashi production has ended or will be ending soon. The Wikipedia article on the car states it ended production last December, but I'm quite sure they are quoting erroneous auto journals from India. Given that the car is still for sale in other markets (like Pakistan now) and is a fleet car for the Japanese police, I highly doubt Kizashi production has seized. I don't think it's a matter of them selling overstocked Kizashis because it was a low-production car to begin with in any market. It's even made-to-order for the JDM. I think parts will be around for a while, but just hard to get in North America given Suzuki left us.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
Speed_Racer

Perhaps they should have considered fleet sales to recoup their investments.
'12 Kizashi,'03 SV650,'04 DL1000
SamirD

30 Lakh Rupees! That's $60,000 usd! In a country where $60k usd is more like $600k!

Wow. Just wow. I guess they're trying to do the Audi thing and try to position the Kizashi as the next luxury brand? If they sell a few, I guess it will make up for the rest of them being losses.

What they really should have done is the fleet sale idea like Speed_Racer mentioned or just dump them in the US market as is. I've noticed Kizashis are hard to come by and the prices have actually remained steady in the last 6mo or so. I think they would have been able to minimize their losses in a more realistic way this way.

Hell, they could have just posted them in the for sale section on here at a good price and offered each of us that already owned one a killer discount on a second. I would have loved to buy another one at cost. In fact, I probably would have bought 3 as my parents need 2 new cars.