Kizashi still alive and kicking in Chile (July 2015)

Information regarding future changes to the Kizashi. Press releases regarding the car and motorsports related topics go here.
Jolo

Hi there,

I'm from Santiago, Chile.

Not interested in the Kizashi now (I have a Mazda CX-5 now), but, I came here to report that the Suzuki Kizashi, in all their original trims, is still selling in Chile. New cars (0 miles).

In fact, Suzuki Chile posted a new promotion video on TV and press.

The Sport model (most expensive) costs USD 23.000, nearly the same as a Mazda3 GT 2.0 Sport or a CX-5 Touring FWD. It's the same price from it's glory days (2010-2011).

Don't now if the Sport model came with a new SATNAV unit, but, at least the Limited model yes.

Despite this, I haven't seen new Kizashis in Santiago's streets. There's too much recent alternatives in the market from other brands. Maybe this promotion campaign is trying to sell the last stock. But I'm also thinking that the car is still on the production line (or at least, it came off not so long time ago).

Cheers.
Remav

If you get a chance to stop by a Suzuki Dealer snap a picture of a sticker or something that has a VIN on it. Maybe we can tell something from that. (How many miles would be on it if I drove one to the US??? :) Thanks for the post & link! Thought we were down to Pakistan only for new ones.
Image2011 Sport SLS Navi AWD, White Water Pearl ...in Beautiful Colorado
Jolo

Just came here again to report that the Kizashi is STILL on sale, 0 miles (May 2016). At least, it's with updated costs on the Suzuki Chile website.

Next week I'll going to a dealer to ask more information. This is very interesting.
metallord

I'm from Chile also, and the Kiz is a very exotic car here as you can't see too much of them around.

But as Jolo says, Suzuki has a strong market position here with the Vitara and Swift, not to mention there are lots of small Suzuki Alto (Maruti) city cars, and they are still selling the Kizashi here.

I can bet they still have some unsell stock around, and that is what they offer as '16 new ones.
Ronzuki

This is all very interesting to hear. I'd also be interested to know if they are truly 2016 models, or, older models still languishing.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
KuroNekko

My guess is that they are older ones that weren't sold. It's rather misleading to label them as MY 2016 given the Kizashi is no longer in production from everything I can tell. The Sagara plant's website no longer lists the Kizashi as a vehicle they produce. Every indication seems to point that the Kizashi has now ended production without a replacement.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)