25 years from now....

Information regarding future changes to the Kizashi. Press releases regarding the car and motorsports related topics go here.
Post Reply
User avatar
Ronzuki
Posts: 2357
Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:33 pm
Location: Lancaster County, PA

...the Kizashi will be on a list such as this:

http://www.foxnews.com/auto/2016/10/14/ ... -cars.html
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
DiggerDerrik
Posts: 171
Joined: Sat May 14, 2016 6:52 pm

Good list. My high school girlfriend had an 89 240SX. Man that thing was a blast to drive. Burned a lot of oil though.

Unfortunately I think the Kizashi will largely be forgotten. Just like it was when it was still sold in the states. :cry:
2016 Ford Explorer XLT Ecoboost
2010 Kizashi GTS FWD
2011 F-350 Lariat Crew Cab 4x4 6.7
User avatar
Speed_Racer
Posts: 383
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:58 pm
Location: Salt Lake City

I owned a Trooper II for a short while. The body and interior were in beautiful condition, but that thing bled me dry with mechanical issues over the 12 months I owned it. It was also the slowest accelerating vehicle known to man (85 hp carbed four cyl.) It was a love-hate relationship, but I do wish I had it as a weekend project truck.

Image
Image
'12 Kizashi,'03 SV650,'04 DL1000
User avatar
KuroNekko
Posts: 4847
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:08 pm
Location: California, USA

Speed_Racer wrote:I owned a Trooper II for a short while. The body and interior were in beautiful condition, but that thing bled me dry with mechanical issues over the 12 months I owned it. It was also the slowest accelerating vehicle known to man (85 hp carbed four cyl.) It was a love-hate relationship, but I do wish I had it as a weekend project truck.

Image
Image
Holy! How old was that thing? Even my '76 VW bus had fuel injection... though I can totally relate on similar horsepower specs and absurdly slow acceleration.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
User avatar
Speed_Racer
Posts: 383
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:58 pm
Location: Salt Lake City

KuroNekko wrote: Holy! How old was that thing? Even my '76 VW bus had fuel injection... though I can totally relate on similar horsepower specs and absurdly slow acceleration.
It was an '86, so a full ten years newer than your bus! It had a curb weight of just over 3000 lbs, so you can imagine just how athletic it wasn't. My favorite story about it was this one time I was taking an on-ramp to get on the freeway. It was a slight uphill grade from an underpass, but despite having the foot to the floor I wasn't able to get to a speed to merge with the slow lane. I had to stay in the on-ramp which became an offramp and try again at the next on-ramp.
'12 Kizashi,'03 SV650,'04 DL1000
User avatar
KuroNekko
Posts: 4847
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:08 pm
Location: California, USA

Speed_Racer wrote:
KuroNekko wrote: Holy! How old was that thing? Even my '76 VW bus had fuel injection... though I can totally relate on similar horsepower specs and absurdly slow acceleration.
It was an '86, so a full ten years newer than your bus! It had a curb weight of just over 3000 lbs, so you can imagine just how athletic it wasn't. My favorite story about it was this one time I was taking an on-ramp to get on the freeway. It was a slight uphill grade from an underpass, but despite having the foot to the floor I wasn't able to get to a speed to merge with the slow lane. I had to stay in the on-ramp which became an offramp and try again at the next on-ramp.
The VW is similar in weight and power so I know the experience too. When driven with camping gear and passengers, it's even slower and sometimes I merge with the hazards on. In fact, we avoid driving on freeways and take two lane highways as much as possible for the reasons you state. Freeway driving speeds are also deafeningly noisy for that bus. For leisurely driving at slow speeds, it's nice though and camping in it is a great experience. Ironically, it's a vehicle that may be more enjoyable stationary than driving.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
Post Reply