Kizashi Airbag-related Recall

Information regarding future changes to the Kizashi. Press releases regarding the car and motorsports related topics go here.
KuroNekko

This article was just published stating that Suzuki will be recalling Kizashis that are affected. According to the article, the leather seats in Kizashis and Grand Vitaras can shrink over time and affect the seat sensor for the airbag deployment.

While the official notice may not be sent out yet by Suzuki, it does sound like it only affects models specifically equipped with leather seats.

https://www.carscoops.com/2019/04/suzuk ... bag-issue/
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
Tom Kizzie

I will keep this in mind. The local Suzuki dealership the Netherlands is not familiar with the bumpstop recall (no official recall for our country) and tell me i am out of warranty so i dont expect much if this applies to my car.
kizashi 6mt black
KuroNekko

Tom Kizzie wrote:I will keep this in mind. The local Suzuki dealership the Netherlands is not familiar with the bumpstop recall (no official recall for our country) and tell me i am out of warranty so i dont expect much if this applies to my car.
The bump stopper issue was never a recall. It was detailed in a Technical Service Bulletin so mechanics had a heads-up when people came in complaining about suspension issues. It was fixed free of charge if the vehicle was under warranty. Recalls are mostly related to safety and warranty coverage is irrelevant for recalls.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
LPSISRL

I actually like this recall as it states the bottom seat cushion will be replaced. The seat cushion on my passenger side has always had an area that seemed like something was spilled on it and was never cleaned properly. The leather seemed tough there and not soft like the rest. I'd be worried on the drivers side that the replacement might not be of the same quality as the factory part.
2011 Kizashi SLS CVT (silver)
2005 Honda Odyssey
Priors:
2009 Suzuki SX4 Cross AWD 5-speed Tech package (vapor metallic blue)
BLyons

I'm more surprised that they're doing something about it now. I've had mine for about 4 years and the sensor has been wonky the entire time. I know others have mentioned it too. The most annoying was a 4 hour drive a couple days ago when it was constantly switching between sensing something on the seat and not sensing anything, so the alert was going off every couple minutes for about an hour.

Not sure if it's worth the 3 hour drive to get this fixed though. Would be a different story if both front seats were affected, since my driver's side has had a small hole in a seam since I bought it.
Black 2011 Sport SLS AWD