No SLS with Manual Trans?

Information regarding future changes to the Kizashi. Press releases regarding the car and motorsports related topics go here.
havinfun

I am looking to buy a Kizashi sport SLS. I want a manual transmission and this combination is listed in the Kizashi sales brochure. But no dealer in my area has a car like this and two dealers gave conflicting info on it: one says it can be ordered; the other says the factory will be building sport GTS with manuals, but no sport SLS manuals in 2011.

Anyone have more info on this?
AlexRuiz

It is *supposedely* a feasible combination.
I am not sure any dealer has ordered one like it, which is wrong, but oh well.
2010 Suzuki Kizashi S MT
sj85

I can tell u for sure that I have test driven 2011 Sports SLS here in maryland. It was at Fitzmall Wheaton, MD. They had two in silver.
Good thing it was a demo so the prices were about 3000$ less than invoice.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi GTS Sport MT :-D
2010 Suzuki Kizashi GTS 6 MT :-D
2002 Hyundai Sonata Auto :-)
2008 Suzuki Swift Zxi (in Asia) :-D
2002 Suzuki Zen Vxi (in Asia) :-D
JDLKizzy

Talked to a dealership in SC yesterday and they indicated that an SLS with the 6-MT could be ordered..............6~8 weeks delivery on the high end if the car has to be made the factory. I sure hope I can get my hands on one. I'll let ya know in a few months when I go back in to see what I can get.
2011 Sport GTS 6-MT
Platinum Silver
gmoney91

I also heard from my dealer that a limited number of 2011 SLS's were made, and they all come with navigation even though that's optional equipment. I was just going to replace the navigation anyways. So, I went with the 2010, which I got $3,000 cheaper.
havinfun

I now have feedback from four dealers. Three say a manual SLS is not orderable. The fourth says it is. This last dealer is actually ordering the car to prove they are correct (and to sell it to me if I like it). If correct, it should be delivered in 6 - 8 weeks. I will keep you updated.
TheHolyGhost

That's great news! Best of luck.
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed
Platinum Silver Metallic (Battle wounded)

2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
JDLKizzy

Talked to my dealer today (South Carolina).......he's working up the numbers on a GTS sport and an SLS sport (both with the 6-M/T. Says 6~8 weeks. I plan on ordering this weekend so I'll keep ya posted on what happens.............I'm ready to get my hands on one now so 6~8 weeks will seem like 6~8 months!
2011 Sport GTS 6-MT
Platinum Silver
havinfun

If you like heated leather seats, I think the SLS is a bargain over the GTS. Adding aftermarket heated leather seats to the GTS costs more than the premium you pay to upgrade to the SLS, and of course the SLS comes with a host of other goodies too, which sweetens the deal in favor of the SLS.

My dealer backed out of ordering the SLS with manual transmission without a deposit from me (and I am still skeptical that it can be ordered). I decided to wait until end of March to see if Suzuki announces any engine upgrades for the 2012 Kizashi (the 2011 Kizashi Sport models were announced in March, 2010). I like the Kizashi with the manual (did not care much for the CVT), but a few more horses under the hood would really add to the fun. If no engine changes are planned, I will try ordering the 2011 SLS with manual in April.
JDLKizzy

Just ordered it (1/22/11).......now the wait.
2011 Sport GTS 6-MT
Platinum Silver