No SLS with Manual Trans?

Information regarding future changes to the Kizashi. Press releases regarding the car and motorsports related topics go here.
havinfun

Which one - GTS or SLS?
JDLKizzy

SLS, 6-speed, no navigation, platinum silver
2011 Sport GTS 6-MT
Platinum Silver
JDReichert

Attended a Suzika meeting today where a rep. from the home office was in attendance. I ask him if there was available a 2011 SLS with manual transmission and he informed me it was not, maybe next year with a turbo charger.

Jerry 2010 SLS, 1977 Mercedes-Benz 280SL, 1983 BMW 633CSi
havinfun

So the SLS/Manual Trans mystery continues (some say it can be ordered, others that it can't). I did notice that there are at least two Kizashi reviews in video form on the internet reviewing a Kizashi sport SLS with manual transmission, so the combination did exist at least earlier in the model year. I will be anxious to hear how your SLS order proceeds. Also, I am dying to hear confirmation of a turbo for 2012.

By the way, you ordered exactly the car I want (silver with no nav). I have noticed that the platinum silver does have some "platinum" in it, so that it is slightly darker in color than a standard silver car, and in my view, the color helps to accent the chrome trim on the sides and front as well as the exhaust tips. Really nice look!

I will be pulling for your order to be a success . . .
JDLKizzy

Thanks...............I'm now hoping it goes through too! I just really love driving a manual and it seems all of the other Mfgrs only offer the stick in the entry level trim.......which sucks. At any rate.....I just emailed the dealership and asked my salesman to verify on Monday or Tuesday that we can get our hands on this thing. The fact that some Suzuki people are saying it isn't a possible config has me a bit concerned........I'm going to be ticked if I have to punt and go with the GTS (no too ticked mind you.......The GTS is still a sweet ride) But if that's the case.....I am going to try for a deep discount on it for my trouble and mental anguish.
2011 Sport GTS 6-MT
Platinum Silver
JDLKizzy

Sad news to report...........the rumors are true........The SLS cannot be ordered with the 6-M/T...at least for now. Can I get a moment of silence?.................. Dealer rep indicated that it may be next year before they're available. I think someone else had indicated that on here.....so I 'm just confirming. :cry:

Since I was originally going to get a GTS anyway......I decided to follow through with it. Got the GTS for 24,700 out the door. Plat Silv, mats, no nav. It's now on order.
2011 Sport GTS 6-MT
Platinum Silver
havinfun

Sorry to read that your manual SLS was not orderable. I can't understand Suzuki's rationale for this given that they build cars with manual trans in each of the other three models (S, SE, GTS), and that they built several SLS manuals earlier in the 2011 model year. Maybe someone from Suzuki can enlighten us.

This sours my excitement about the Kizashi, at least for 2011. In the mean time, the Buick Regal GS is coming out this fall with manual and turbo . . . might be interesting but about $12K higher price . . .
Ronzuki

Buick Regal auto trans = made in China....run, run away.....
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
havinfun

Actually the Buick Regal GS will only be offered with a manual transmission when if first comes out (great news for me). I don't know where the transmission is built, but it will be a 6-speed and is called an F40-6. The car body is a copy of the Opel Insignia (German) with which GM has partnered. The GS will also have an interactive suspension system which will allow drivers to customize the suspension settings. Seems like a neat idea, but may be complicated and lower reliability. I don't know much about them.
Ronzuki

Forgot to mention that the Buick sales guy said something to the effect that they were going to be doing some Regal production in Canada, but didn't say exactly when or what models. Also, AWD in about 2 years. Fact or rumor, I dunno...

a GS turbo w/ MT= fun. However, the Kiz w/ its AWD in SLS trim is already way more car than the current loaded FWD Regal at a lower cost. I did test drive a non-turbo Regal before purchasing the Kiz.

Sorry about the off-topic....mods delete or move as you see fit
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)