No SLS with Manual Trans?

Information regarding future changes to the Kizashi. Press releases regarding the car and motorsports related topics go here.
Drem

I was told the same: that SLS does not come in MT despite what the site says and the reviewers have had (and then the dealer started going on about how I'd never be able to resell a MT). I settled for the CVT w/AWD and the added costs. :( I also had to settle for navigation. As above posters mentioned, this dealer claimed they all come with navigation. They offered to buy it from me for half of the $1400 price tag on the invoice. I said no just out of principle. I almost didn't even want to buy from them after that, but I didn't want to drive further out of town more than I didn't want to buy from them. (I drove 140 miles to test drive and buy my Kizashi).
2011 - Sport SLS AWD - Platinum Silver
havinfun

Good luck with your new Kizashi. Like you, I have no dealers close by (there are NO dealers in Arkansas, only two tiny dealers in Memphis, TN and Shrevport, LA - both 3.5 hours away), so dealer service may be a problem. Please post your service experiences (start a new thread) as time goes on. I can't image driving several hours to have my car "evaluated" for an amplifier or paint chip problem, then driving back home several more hours while parts are orders (or re-painting scheduled) and then driving all the way back again to have the service performed. Arg!
rjc1976

That stinks that you can't get a SLS with manual transmission anymore. I really don't like this ongoing trend of the top trim level cars only coming in auto. In fact, one of the reasons I bought my Kizashi was because I could get the SLS Sport with the manual. Had I not been able to get that, I would be driving something else for sure. I did notice as I was looking for cars from other manufacturers though that many of the top level trims always omitted the manual transmission :( I guess I should should count myself as being lucky for being able to have purchased the car that I did.
Fishobaby

rjc1976 wrote:That stinks that you can't get a SLS with manual transmission anymore. I really don't like this ongoing trend of the top trim level cars only coming in auto.
Toyota Camry, too. The only one you can get with a manual transmission is bottom of the line, and only in white. I guess I'll just have to drive my old car a little longer...
rocket_man

I was lucky finding a MT, looked at several dealers. At least the white I got is
a VERY nice PEARL WHITE.

I think suzuki calls it water shed white or something goofy like that..........
Mods: Cat Back, Under Drive Pulley, Strut Tower brace, K&N Filter, Sony Xplode 6 1/2 4 way speakers in rear, blacked out S in front grill, American Racing Alloys.
Moto
Site Admin

MT are easy to resell... You just need to advertise a little. Craigslist, ebay ect. People are always looking for MT cars.
Moto
Site Admin

There may be hope. The only way to get an AWD sx4 required that you get a CVT last year. I now see on the web site where it is possible to get a MT sx4. Maybe they will carry that into the kizashi line next year.
rocket_man

well let me clarify about AWD on the SX4. The only SX4 that comes with AWD is the Crossover, its STANDARD equipment on manual or CVT models. The sedan and sport back do not come with AWD.

AND the AWD is only up to 35mph, so dont think you are going canyon carver
style with this AWD. Up past 35mph the AWD system will transfer power to the rear only if it detects front tire slippage. Like on ice, snow, rain roads.

All this is from the SX4 sales brochure that can be found on the net, its all there. I was going to buy a Crossover but once I found out the specs I started to look at the Kizashi. and i am glad i did.
Mods: Cat Back, Under Drive Pulley, Strut Tower brace, K&N Filter, Sony Xplode 6 1/2 4 way speakers in rear, blacked out S in front grill, American Racing Alloys.