Praying it's a turbo

Information regarding future changes to the Kizashi. Press releases regarding the car and motorsports related topics go here.
~tc~

CCS77 wrote:With the gas mileage being so low in it's class you could be right. The Hyundai Sonata is kicking it's ass with MPG.
I was thinking it might be easier for them to go gas-direct-injection (what is making the difference in the Korean motors) than put on a turbo ... either way, they probably have to redesign the head. All the GDI pieces are getting to be off-the-shelf items ... minor tweak to the fuel system compared to a whole new exhaust system ...
2011 Sport SLS with nav Black Pearl Metallic
CCS77

If that's what's making the non hyprid Sonata get 40MPG I'm all for it, but I'm going to be sorely disapointed when they release a newer better Kizashi a year after I bought one. lol
2010 Suzuki Kizashi GTS AWD
~tc~

CCS77 wrote:If that's what's making the non hyprid Sonata get 40MPG I'm all for it, but I'm going to be sorely disapointed when they release a newer better Kizashi a year after I bought one. lol
x2 - especially when it's something that can't be added to mine!

the curse of the early adopter ...
Hawkzilla

A turbo or V6, one thing for certain is it will have a new tranny... no way the current CVT holds up long-term with either. There is a reason that a 180 hp car has the initial acceleration of a Schwinn.

I plan on having my Kiz until at least 2014, so Suzuki has 3 years to come out with a version that has at least 230 hp... that is my minimum marker on my next ride. No more monkeying around under 200 hp!
Kizashi SLS CVT Azure Gray Metallic
~tc~

Personally, I thought their "derating" of the CVT motors by a whopping 5 HP pretty humorous. Is it really going to make a difference?

The lack of a low enough gear ratio has little to do with durability.
Hawkzilla

~tc~ wrote:Personally, I thought their "derating" of the CVT motors by a whopping 5 HP pretty humorous. Is it really going to make a difference?

The lack of a low enough gear ratio has little to do with durability.
Have you read up on the specific CVT they have in the Kiz? It didn't sound like it was built to handle much power... but then again, maybe I interpreted it wrong.
Kizashi SLS CVT Azure Gray Metallic
EnfinityX

hehe im hoping for a super high revving 4 banger, they did say they wanted to infuse some of their "bike" DNA into their cars. so heres to hoping for a 9000+ rpm 200+ hp engine mated to a stick shift.

the other car is going to be the hybrid.

they said they would make an eco friendly car and a car that brings back the sportbike dna.
TheHolyGhost

9000+ rpm? It'll be like an S2000, you'll be driving around with the gas pedal buried in the floor all the time. Torque isn't usually at a premium in sport bikes.
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed
Platinum Silver Metallic (Battle wounded)

2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
EnfinityX

TheHolyGhost wrote:9000+ rpm? It'll be like an S2000, you'll be driving around with the gas pedal buried in the floor all the time. Torque isn't usually at a premium in sport bikes.
hahaha but u see i happen to like the s2k, i like a high revving engine over low down torque. besides its how N/A cars get power anyways
AlexRuiz

Don't get too excited guys, the Kizashi announcement will be the hybrid :(
2010 Suzuki Kizashi S MT