Praying it's a turbo

Information regarding future changes to the Kizashi. Press releases regarding the car and motorsports related topics go here.
gmoney91

Suzuki's facebook page has pics for their Apex and Ecocharge concepts.

https://www.facebook.com/SuzukiAuto
gmoney91

http://www.motorauthority.com/blog/1058 ... -auto-show

http://www.motorauthority.com/blog/1058 ... -auto-show

Found out more info. The Apex does have a TURBO!!!! And the Ecocharge is, you guessed it, a hybrid.
Moto
Site Admin

apex is also a 6 speed AWD... :)

Dear Suzuki:
Production date and price please...
gmoney91

I'm hoping there'll be option for an automatic with a turbo. If the Optima and Sonata can have it, why can't the Kizashi? I know I'm in the minority, but I like the added performance with the convenience of an automatic. Plus you never know when you get too drunk, and you need the wife to drive you home. And she can barely drive an automatic.
AFREaKA.Man

For what it's worth, I'd like to point out that the "Kizashi Apex" shown from gmoney91's provided link has RRM's wheels. In fact, they're the black set that I've flirted with potentially getting if I do happen to get a different set. Point being though, this is more proof that Suzuki HAS indeed been working with RRM. I know some folks are skeptical of RRM but I think Suzuki's dealings with them should hold some significant weight. Also, the specs provided mirror RRM's Kizashi Turbo (except they've wisely chosen to equip it to the AWD to take advantage of the enhanced handing), so I'm really not surprised by this announcement. I just wish they'd come up with a smaller super-charger add-on for the CVT AWD Kizashis. While I'm happy with the improved engine response and engine/exhaust note from my upgrades, but I'd love more significant power that could provide something closer to a 6.5 sec 0-60 time. That 0-60 time is really the only significant thing the Audi A4, Mercedes C300, and other target cars have as an advantage over the Kizashi. But hey, if that's the ONLY thing, we're not doing to bad hen are we? :-)
AFREaKA.Man
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS AWD
Platinum Silver Metallic

Suzuki Roof Rack (by Whisbar)
Suzuki Sunroof Wind Deflector
RRM Short Ram Intake
RRM Piggyback ECU
RRM Carbon Fiber Bumper Cap
RRM Lightweight Power Pulley
chest3r

Only thing I could ask for on top of this is a dsg to keep the paddle shifters.
AFREaKA.Man

Amen to that!
AFREaKA.Man
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS AWD
Platinum Silver Metallic

Suzuki Roof Rack (by Whisbar)
Suzuki Sunroof Wind Deflector
RRM Short Ram Intake
RRM Piggyback ECU
RRM Carbon Fiber Bumper Cap
RRM Lightweight Power Pulley
AlexRuiz

gmoney91 wrote:I'm hoping there'll be option for an automatic with a turbo. If the Optima and Sonata can have it, why can't the Kizashi? I know I'm in the minority, but I like the added performance with the convenience of an automatic. Plus you never know when you get too drunk, and you need the wife to drive you home. And she can barely drive an automatic.
Get another wife? ;)
I think that if they are displaying the turbo only with the MT, it is because the CVT would crumble with the added horsepower. The TCM already is limiting energy to the transmission during take off with the J24B.

On another note, if they really come with the turbo for production, I would seriously consider it. I am however, still almost sure the only one that will make it to production will be the hybrid :(
2010 Suzuki Kizashi S MT
Riddler

I'm ready to buy if they produce the turbo this year. Looks like a trip to the auto show to find out about production is in order.
TheHolyGhost

Turbo, AWD, manual Kizashi = my dream Kizashi!
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed
Platinum Silver Metallic (Battle wounded)

2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES