Kizashi Gets Auto-Dimming Rearview on SLS Trim

Information regarding future changes to the Kizashi. Press releases regarding the car and motorsports related topics go here.
Moto
Site Admin

Gentex Corporation wrote: Gentex Shipping Auto-Dimming Mirrors for All-New 2010 Suzuki Kizashi

ZEELAND, MI -- (MARKET WIRE) -- 01/21/2010 -- Gentex Corporation (NASDAQ: GNTX), the leading supplier of automatic-dimming rearview mirrors and camera-based active safety systems to the worldwide automotive industry, has announced that it is providing auto-dimming interior rearview mirrors for the 2010 Suzuki Kizashi. The Kizashi, Suzuki's first entry into the all-wheel-drive sport sedan segment, arrived in dealer showrooms in North America in December 2009.

A Gentex interior auto-dimming rearview mirror with available universal garage door opener will be standard on the Kizashi SLS trim level. Gentex mirrors darken automatically in response to the headlamp glare of rearward-approaching vehicles.

The all-new Kizashi, (pronounced "Kee-Zah-Shee"), offers a unique blend of dynamic performance attributes, premium design aesthetics and craftsmanship, including the Gentex auto-dimming rearview mirror with Homelink®.

"This is our first original equipment program with Suzuki and Gentex is excited to associate with Suzuki as it introduces its first midsize sedan," said Enoch Jen, Senior Vice President. "This is an exciting vehicle for Suzuki and we are pleased that the automaker recognizes our value-added products and is making them available on this new vehicle."

About Gentex Corporation

Founded in 1974, Gentex Corporation (NASDAQ: GNTX) is an international company that provides high-quality products to the worldwide automotive industry and North American fire protection market. Based in Zeeland, Michigan, the Company develops, manufactures and markets interior and exterior automatic-dimming automotive rearview mirrors that utilize proprietary electrochromic technology to dim in proportion to the amount of headlight glare from trailing vehicle headlamps. More than half of the Company's interior mirrors are sold with advanced electronic features, and more than 96 percent of the Company's revenues are derived from the sale of auto-dimming mirrors to nearly every major automaker in the world. For more information, visit http://www.gentex.com/corp_media_info.html.

About Suzuki

The Brea, Calif.-based Operations of American Suzuki Motor Corporation (ASMC) was founded in 1963 by parent company Suzuki Motor Corporation (SMC) and currently markets its vehicles in the United States through a network of approximately 350 automotive dealerships and numerous other motorcycle, ATV and marine distributors in 49 states. With global headquarters in Hamamatsu, Japan, SMC is a diversified worldwide automobile, motorcycle, and outboard motor manufacturer. In 2008, SMC sold more than 2 million new cars and trucks and more than 3.5 million motorcycles and ATVs. Founded in 1909 and incorporated in 1920, SMC has operations in 196 countries and regions. For more information, visit http://www.media.suzuki.com.

GENERAL AND FINANCIAL MEDIA/INVESTOR CONTACT:
Connie Hamblin
616/772/1800

GENERAL MEDIA CONTACT:
Craig Piersma
616/772/1800

AMERICAN SUZUKI:
Jeff Holland
714/996/7040
EXCHANGE: NASDAQ Global Select Market
SYMBOL: GNTX
Original Link Here

Not exactly an earth shattering addition to the car, but I have driven a few cars with this feature and I defiantly like it.
james1017

I just purchased a new 2010 Kizashi SLS (White Water Pearl) and I love it!
jimmerz

I purchased a 2010 Kizashi SE (Black pearl) I also love it. I do wish that I would have had the option to add the auto dimming homelink mirror, the parking sonar and the bluetooth. They aren't even an option unless you get the SLS (bluetooth comes on the GTS and SLS).

That's kind of a bummer.
2010 Suzuki Kizashi SE
CVT AWD
Black
I stole the avatar because I liked it!
TheHolyGhost

It's a nice little upgrade. It's not something that is going to drive sales, but a nice value add nonetheless.
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed
Platinum Silver Metallic (Battle wounded)

2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
ThunderSky

I have the Auto Dimmer on my 2011 SX (Canadian version) and really like the feature, but I'm puzzled why they didn't include the Garage Door remote option as well. Would have been maybe 7 dollars more at cost. :evil:

Does the Auto Dimming mirror in the US also have the buttons for Garage Door Remote ??
2011 Kizashi SX - AWD
2008 Honda Civic
2007 Saturn Sky Redline
2001 Mazda Protege
babacu

My thoughts exactly...
autopiolet

Yes it has a garage door remote and the ability to link two other remotes to it, for example house lights or alarm etc. I just linked it to my garage.
RjKizashi

It may not be something that'll drive sales, but it's among things stopping me from buying the 2011 GTS manual in bright red that I looked at. Mind you I don't need a new car so I can be as picky as I like. Also this car is $24,019 and the 3 year old car I drive to and from work now has all items the listed below but the homelink, and had a sticker of $17,860

1 No auto headlamps (must have)
2 No auto dimming rear view mirror (must have)
3 No homelink (would be be nice to have)
4 No IPOD jack on radio (must be kidding)
5 No six disc (blown away it does not)

Now the Kissy has items my driver does not have like a power seat. But only I drive my car so thats not something that adds value to me. When my wife went out to load her CD's into her RockFordFosgate (2010 SLS AWD) she was blown away it was a single disc. Fact is, so am I.

How about offering HD radio and forgetting XM. Had XM in a few cars and could care less about paying to hear it.
Rj Arizona
2010 Kizashi SLS AWD/Wifes

gmoney91

RjKizashi wrote:5 No six disc (blown away it does not)
CD players are going the way of the cassette player.
AlexRuiz

RjKizashi wrote: 1 No auto headlamps (must have)
2 No auto dimming rear view mirror (must have)
3 No homelink (would be be nice to have)
4 No IPOD jack on radio (must be kidding)
5 No six disc (blown away it does not)
1) A must? really? I know I personally hate auto headlamps
2) point taken, it is nice
3) nice to have, but not a must
4) It has USB jack. Connect your ipod to the usb port. Even better, the location of the usb port is perfect!
5) You won't be seeing those anymore...
2010 Suzuki Kizashi S MT