How to Polish Off Mild UV Damage from Headlights

Where DIYs with photos live. Please start new topics in DIY section. Completed DIYs are moved here for clutter control and quicker reference.
Ronzuki

I need to do this. This HD Meguiar's stuff looks as good as anything I suppose. Thanks for the update.
So pissed that the body shop swapped both my beautiful headlamps w/ used after that damn tornado damage repair job of theirs. The POSs were no where near as well cared for as my originals were. I rarely ever parked it outside in direct sun in the summer. Mostly in the shade of buildings or trees.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
KuroNekko

I recently re-polished the headlights completely. I took some photos and plan to post a longer write-up when I have more time.
Each time I do this, I try something a little differently to see what the results are. My headlights (after about 1.5 years after the last complete polishing) were pretty oxidized. They currently look very good, having tried some other polishing techniques.
More to come soon.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
Tom Kizzie

I read a lot of people using toothpaste but running through the supermarket i found this http://offers.kd2.org/en/mt/lidl/peIEl/
For less then 15 dollars and it worked perfect on our grand vitara. In the netherlands we have less sun but after 11 years the headlight were almost darkyellow to coffee-color. After using this polishkit it was like brandnew and still is after 2 years. Next time i will try with my own polish, sandpaper and a sealing cause that is wat you get in the kit.
kizashi 6mt black
otaku19

I used the Rustoleum kit on my headlights. After the final sanding disc, I did not use the polishing compound. Instead, I bought a can of Rustoleum UV resistant clear coat. I still need to wet sand the clear coat because it dried a little hazy. If I need to repeat this process, I will order finer sanding discs since the kit only goes to 2,000. Overall, I'm pretty happy with the results and my Morimoto HIDs look really good now