Double Din HU - The trials and tribulations

Where DIYs with photos live. Please start new topics in DIY section. Completed DIYs are moved here for clutter control and quicker reference.
BxKizashiS

Looks nice. I put a flip out DVD in mine. & nice RHD
2012 Suzuki Kizashi S AWD
H&R Springs, RRM Intake, Magnaflow Custom Exhaust, NRG Bucket Seats, Takata Drift II Harness, Cypher Auto Harness Bar, 25 shot NOS(for now)
Facebook.com/jpreludesi
IG: N2OKizashi
DelliReeus

murcod wrote:Is it possible to buy the factory fit double din adapter that the USA sat nav models are fitted with? I noticed the adapters used have a small section of black perspex to match up with the black plastic display of the HVAC system- I prefer the look of it, it looks more integrated/ factory OE.
I've tried some of the online USA parts sites, but no matter what model I've selected the double DIN head unit doesn't come up.

(PS: Not that there's anything wrong with your's Minority. Good work on removing that line level convertor)

Actually, it would appear that part is available in Australia too! Just found this:
http://www.drive.com.au/used-cars/suzuk ... =0&from=53
Can you post a link of this please?
2010 AWD/FWD Kizashi S Black Pearl Metallic
Minority

11zukizashi wrote:
murcod wrote:Is it possible to buy the factory fit double din adapter that the USA sat nav models are fitted with? I noticed the adapters used have a small section of black perspex to match up with the black plastic display of the HVAC system- I prefer the look of it, it looks more integrated/ factory OE.
I've tried some of the online USA parts sites, but no matter what model I've selected the double DIN head unit doesn't come up.

(PS: Not that there's anything wrong with your's Minority. Good work on removing that line level convertor)

Actually, it would appear that part is available in Australia too! Just found this:
http://www.drive.com.au/used-cars/suzuk ... =0&from=53
yes you can get it from the dealer just ask for the factory navigation garnish they can find the part number for you it fits a lot better than this but its almost 100 bucks though
They won't sell it to you in Australia!
11zukizashi

how much are you willing to pay for one :twisted:
murcod

I was told it was around $1300 for sat nav to be fitted by the dealer, I'd assume that would be the double din adaptor they'd use?
David
11zukizashi

Yes, that is the factory navigation garnish. But you can use it with a standard double din radio.
much nicer fit and finish than the cheap scoshe one
rustytrombone

Looks good, I wanna put one in mine but I don't wanna loose my Bluetooth and steering wheel controls for the radio
murcod

A lot of double DIN units can be adapted (via an interface or learn) the radio controls. The Bluetooth I'm not sure?
David
PittsburghJoe

rustytrombone wrote:Looks good, I wanna put one in mine but I don't wanna loose my Bluetooth and steering wheel controls for the radio
I'm in the same boat and I'm pretty sure we can keep the steering wheel controls with the proper cable/adapter. Below is an email I got from customer service of such cable.
I haven't done it yet but probably will around Christmas time.

Joe,
After further investigation, I was able to find schematics on the 2011 model and the BT was part of the radio so the buttons could be retained with the ASWC. Unfortunately, I do not have access to 2012 schematics to be able to determine if this would be the same for the 2012 model year. Hope this helps.

Sheldon Abbey
Tech Support
Metra Electronics
1-800-253-TECH
hocaspocas

Minotrity.

Do you mind sharing a link where you purchased your unit. I am in the market for something similar...I was looking at ebay and there are some options like yours but not sure if they are the same.