Kizashi Club

Your Kizashi Owners Club and Forum 

Where DIYs with photos live. Please start new topics in DIY section. Completed DIYs are moved here for clutter control and quicker reference.
 #20131  by murcod
 Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:01 pm
Gone are the days when ignition system upgrades reaped worthwhile rewards. It's not like the Kizashi runs a mechanical weight/ vacuum advance system, ignition points, distributor cap with rotor and an oil filled coil with ballast resistor.

Those were the days!
 #20139  by bootymac
 Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:24 pm
BxKizashiS wrote:gotta change mines soon. Gonna use e3 spark plugs tho. Heard alot of good things about them

E3 plugs are bullshit. Hotrodders and tuners actually try to do the opposite of what the E3 plugs do to maximize performance (indexing and side gapping for the biggest and most exposed spark)
 #32468  by Triggerhappy
 Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:35 am
I recently changed my plugs for my 60k mile service thanks to your write up. I had a problem with the spark plug socket coming loose when removing after tightening. To fix that, wrap some electrical tape around where the socket and the extension connect.

Did you noticed you switched the ft-lb and N-m? I'm glad I read the torque specs in the manual. It should be 18 ft-lbs or 25 N-m.
 #32469  by bootymac
 Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:40 am
Triggerhappy wrote:I recently changed my plugs for my 60k mile service thanks to your write up. I had a problem with the spark plug socket coming loose when removing after tightening. To fix that, wrap some electrical tape around where the socket and the extension connect.

Did you noticed you switched the ft-lb and N-m? I'm glad I read the torque specs in the manual. It should be 18 ft-lbs or 25 N-m.

Thanks, I've corrected the original post
 #32471  by BxKizashiS
 Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:20 pm
great write up, i just did mine like 2 weeks ago with the same ngk laser plugs
 #43192  by Triggerhappy
 Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:08 am
Just changed my spark plugs again at 120,000 miles.
 #43818  by KuroNekko
 Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:12 pm
I'll be changing my plugs very soon. I'll be replacing the factory originals with NGK Iridium IX spark plugs. They don't have the lifespan of the OE Laser Iridiums but that's okay as I like to change them sooner anyway to maintain optimal spark.

This write-up is good, but should be updated regarding anti-seize. I too used to use it on spark plug threads, but it's actually no longer a necessity on many modern spark plugs due to their factory thread coating. Applying anti-seize is a process from the past that many think is still necessary on all plugs when it no longer is. Also, much like gapping Iridium spark plugs, using anti-seize increases the risk of causing damage by altering the torque actually applied. NGK uses a coating on all their spark plugs now which no longer necessitates anti-seize compounds to be applied on the threads.
Here is documentation about this directly from NGK:
https://www.ngksparkplugs.com/about-ngk ... park-plugs
http://www.jagrepair.com/images/AutoRep ... isieze.pdf
 #43819  by Ronzuki
 Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:26 pm
What's the recommended service interval on plug replacement ?
 #43820  by KuroNekko
 Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:37 pm
Ronzuki wrote:What's the recommended service interval on plug replacement ?

US owner's manual states every 60,000 miles. This is both for normal and severe driving conditions.
 #43848  by Basi
 Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:34 am
Hi guys I'm living in Australia and I want to change my cars spark plugs so I was looking on eBay then i saw a spark plugs seller with a cheap price same brand and same part number for kizashi but the price is half of normal price from other shop like auto super cheap and others do you guys had any experience shopping parts from eBay or do you thing is it ok to buy from them with confidences ? Let me know if u know any place to buy cheap spark plugs but same brand ngk for kizashi and if u have any experience buying from eBay thank u so much