Kizashi Club

Your Kizashi Owners Club and Forum 

Where DIYs with photos live. Please start new topics in DIY section. Completed DIYs are moved here for clutter control and quicker reference.
 #43849  by KuroNekko
 Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:13 pm
Basi wrote:Hi guys I'm living in Australia and I want to change my cars spark plugs so I was looking on eBay then i saw a spark plugs seller with a cheap price same brand and same part number for kizashi but the price is half of normal price from other shop like auto super cheap and others do you guys had any experience shopping parts from eBay or do you thing is it ok to buy from them with confidences ? Let me know if u know any place to buy cheap spark plugs but same brand ngk for kizashi and if u have any experience buying from eBay thank u so much

You have to be careful with some ebay sellers. Sure, most are legit but as the old saying goes, "if it's too good to be true, it probably is."
I also want to question why you are so eager on getting cheap spark plugs. They are already rather affordable components. Not sure about Australian prices, but NGK Iridium spark plugs cost about 7 to 10 dollars each in the United States. Multiply that by 4 and that's $40 on the higher end. That's really nothing when it comes to prices of other parts or even operating costs. My argument is this: the savings is probably not worth the risk for such cheap components. Go with trusted vendors.

I personally just put in NGK Iridium IX spark plugs. They are cheaper than the original equipment Laser Iridiums. It's because they don't have all the features that extends the life of the Laser Iridiums such as platinum on the ground electrode. However, this just means you need to change out the IX's sooner than the Lasers. The difference among spark plugs isn't performance or efficiency but more longevity. If you are keen on saving money for this change, maybe go for the IX instead of the Laser Iridiums.
The part number for the NGK Iridium IX that fits the Kizashi is LFR6AIX-11. Stock No. 6619. Just put these in yesterday in my own Kizashi and it's running great.
 #43851  by Ronzuki
 Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:52 pm
KuroNekko wrote:
Ronzuki wrote:What's the recommended service interval on plug replacement ?

US owner's manual states every 60,000 miles. This is both for normal and severe driving conditions.

OK, thanks. :oops: ...I'm overdue.
 #44424  by WESHOOT2
 Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:39 am
LFR6AIX-11. Stock No. 6619.

I bought four tonight for $36.

I'll try to get them in tomorrow.
I'm at 105,080 miles.
 #44544  by chazyouwin
 Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:46 am
I just did the change myself this evening thanks to this write-up at 65k miles with NGK iridium laser per spec. Nice improvement. Some notes: (1) the electrical connectors required some learning - pressing a screwdriver against the little plastic ridges proved efficient; (2) with a torque wrench set at just under 240 inch -foot (18 foot pound foot is 216 inch foot) the quarter rotations were about 60 per plug to tighten; (3) the side-to-side play in rotating in seemed a bit weird. I took the opportunity to clean the engine cover with garden hose and soaked the under cover insulation - hope that dries out nicely. Left the neighbors all agape - in this neighborhood no one knows how to do anything with cars. Love being different - that's the nature of a Kiz owner.