Kizashi Club

Your Kizashi Owners Club and Forum 

Where DIYs with photos live. Please start new topics in DIY section. Completed DIYs are moved here for clutter control and quicker reference.
 #21048  by avluis
 Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:03 pm
murcod wrote:My OS is Windows 7 64 bit.

I've downloaded Python, do I just let it install to it's own default folder or somewhere else?

Yes, make sure you are installing python 2.7 not 3.x. And yes, let it install in the default folder.
I'm done making that script as well, I'll be testing it in a bit, I'm installing heat in my seats and I'll be sharing the script here and updating the zip file for Mac and Windows users.

EDIT:P
I have made scripts for Windows and OSX to drop in the extracted folder (where Top and Xml should be)
When you double click the relevant script, it will start a python web server and open Firefox with the Service Manual.
You guys are free to modify any of these two files, but I ask that if you find fixes that should be implemented, please bring it to my attention.

I will be sharing the folder for the service manual so the link will take you there, just grab the script you need and add it to your extracted manual.
As of now, I am using Firefox since the Service Manual has issues with Chrome but there are still bugs here and there with Firefox but will get the job done.

Kizashi Service Manual with offline scripts
 #21051  by murcod
 Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:58 am
Thanks, I've downloaded the new version and tried running it - do you still need IIS to be installed with the new version, I assume it's not needed with Python installed?

I've followed the instructions and now get:
Unable to connect

Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at localhost:8081.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.
If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.


PS: The batch file flashes some text up on the screen, but that quickly closes by itself?

I assume it's this part of the batch file:
:SERVER
ECHO "Starting Python Server on port %port%, and starting Firefox with Kizashi Service Manual."

ECHO "When you close Firefox, it will automatically close the Python Server and this Command Window."
ECHO "Please do not close this window, close Firefox instead or you will have to close all programs manually."
ECHO "In case you get any errors (Firefox does not open, Python Server does not start), please be sure to post on the forum thread so I can fix it for your system."
 #21058  by avluis
 Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:47 am
murcod wrote:Thanks, I've downloaded the new version and tried running it - do you still need IIS to be installed with the new version, I assume it's not needed with Python installed?

I've followed the instructions and now get:
Unable to connect

Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at localhost:8081.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.
If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.


PS: The batch file flashes some text up on the screen, but that quickly closes by itself?

I assume it's this part of the batch file:
:SERVER
ECHO "Starting Python Server on port %port%, and starting Firefox with Kizashi Service Manual."

ECHO "When you close Firefox, it will automatically close the Python Server and this Command Window."
ECHO "Please do not close this window, close Firefox instead or you will have to close all programs manually."
ECHO "In case you get any errors (Firefox does not open, Python Server does not start), please be sure to post on the forum thread so I can fix it for your system."

Make sure Windows is not blocking it. Right click and check unblock.
Also make sure your firewall is not blocking the port either.
Thou to me it sounds like it cannot find python, can you verify that it is installed in C:\Python27\
Can you pm me a screenshot of your PC with the directory and files, the script running and the directory of python.

Edit:
I've made a few more changes to the script for redundancy checking, locating & starting python, etc.
Please take a look at the URL I posted earlier and notice my directory structure.
You can have a copy of python in the same directory as the service manual and the script will start it from there.
Be sure to have the folder for python named as such.
And do make sure to download the updated copy of the script to get these improvements and changes.
I hope this can get it running on your system.

Kizashi Service Manual - Offline Version with Python Server script
 #21853  by avluis
 Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:01 pm
SamirD wrote:Is it possible to use this with xampp for local usage?

Yes, my scripts are only optional.
In this case all you want are the files for the manual itself.
Put those in your root folder and serve away.
 #21859  by SamirD
 Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:41 pm
avluis wrote:
SamirD wrote:Is it possible to use this with xampp for local usage?

Yes, my scripts are only optional.
In this case all you want are the files for the manual itself.
Put those in your root folder and serve away.
Sweet! xampp is basically portable software so no need to install anything. :mrgreen:

In fact, you could probably zip xampp up with the manual and have a single download that would just 'work' after being unzipped to a directory.
 #22948  by SamirD
 Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:37 pm
Is it just me or does the 2010-2011 pdf images not match the text in later pages of the book? Like page 2521 that talks about tightening torque and shows some other module in the picture.
 #22974  by murcod
 Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:59 am
Posted earlier in the thread:

murcod wrote:....

PS: has that PDf manual got "issues"? eg. looking at the rear suspension on page 2450 the diagram doesn't exactly match the description!? :?


avluis wrote:LOL yes, I was having a fit with that PDF as well. That's why I host that website. And yes, I can make a downloadable copy for offline use.
 #22978  by SamirD
 Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:32 am
murcod wrote:Posted earlier in the thread:

murcod wrote:....

PS: has that PDf manual got "issues"? eg. looking at the rear suspension on page 2450 the diagram doesn't exactly match the description!? :?


avluis wrote:LOL yes, I was having a fit with that PDF as well. That's why I host that website. And yes, I can make a downloadable copy for offline use.
Thank you murcod. I thought I read all the way through the thread, but I guess not. :oops:
 #29712  by murcod
 Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:24 am
avluis wrote:I am also hosting the official service manual in my Synology NAS and I happen to have a port open for it and a DDNS link. I use this to get it all, and I hope you can make use of it as well. If you have any connection issues, please let me know.
Official Suzuki Kizashi Service Manual - Web Hosted
Please respect this link and do not post elsewhere.
It is known that this manual has a few bugs of its own, if a page does not change, just refresh and try again.
It also does not work well with chrome, so please use firefox.
You can bookmark the real link to this manual once you read the page I link to, but do not share that bookmark.


:cry: Has anyone noticed the service manual appears to be offline/ gone?