How To Access/Adjust Factory Fog Lights *Revised*

Where DIYs with photos live. Please start new topics in DIY section. Completed DIYs are moved here for clutter control and quicker reference.
KuroNekko

The tutorial applies to the factory-installed fog lights found on the GTS and SLS models.
See the captions on each photo for details as they apply to the specific photo.

1) Raise the car. Access to removing the screws and bolts is much easier if the car is raised.

2) Remove the screws and bolts holding the front splash cover to the car. This is the cover directly behind the front bumper. It is connected via screws (that connect plastic pieces together) and bolts (that bolt onto the chassis' metal parts). You can remove both the screws and bolts with a Philips screwdriver.

3) Remove the splash cover.

4) Once removed, you will have access to the fog light from underneath.

5) Attached to the fog light housing, next to the bulb, is a dial with a bezel. That is the height adjuster for the fog light.

6) Turn clockwise to raise up and counterclockwise to lower down.

7) Turn on the fog lights and aim them against a wall or objects to compare the height level of the left and right fog beams.

8) Lower the car onto the road on a level surface. Check the fog light pattern. Make sure to check the fog light beam when you are seated in the driver's seat to make sure it is as desired.

9) Raise the car and reattach the splash guard with the screws and bolts.

Note: I revised this tutorial after finding that removing the front splash guard not only gave better access to the fog lights, but also eliminated the need to remove/bend the side splash guards which may crack if bent too much. This new process takes more time and requires more screws and bolts to come off, but does not risk damage and gives much better access to the fog light assembly for adjustment or bulb replacement. The car's two horns are accessed this way as well.
Attachments
Raise the car up. I prefer ramps as shown.
Raise the car up. I prefer ramps as shown.
009.jpg (411.15 KiB) Viewed 20235 times
Splash cover removed. The circles are where the screws were. The squares are where the bolts were.
Splash cover removed. The circles are where the screws were. The squares are where the bolts were.
035 edit.jpg (326.29 KiB) Viewed 20235 times
Driver side fog light. Adjuster is circled. You can also see the horn in the picture. The car has two, one on each side.
Driver side fog light. Adjuster is circled. You can also see the horn in the picture. The car has two, one on each side.
036 edit.jpg (259.35 KiB) Viewed 20235 times
Close up of the driver side fog light housing. My fog bulbs are HID therefore you can see the ballast and igniter in the left side of the photo.
Close up of the driver side fog light housing. My fog bulbs are HID therefore you can see the ballast and igniter in the left side of the photo.
039.JPG (319.82 KiB) Viewed 20235 times
Passenger side fog light. The adjuster is circled.
Passenger side fog light. The adjuster is circled.
040 edit.jpg (242.81 KiB) Viewed 20235 times
Fog beams aimed against twin trash bins for preliminary height matching.
Fog beams aimed against twin trash bins for preliminary height matching.
030.jpg (322.9 KiB) Viewed 20235 times
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
rannel.bradley

Do you know to remove the chrome trim around the fog lights?
LPSISRL

Thanks for this. I saw the adjusters when installing my HIDs. Knowing that you can adjust them while the bumper is installed is good to know. I might had tried making adjustments when also changing my headlight bulbs, which I hopefully won't have to do for some time now...
2011 Kizashi SLS CVT (silver)
2005 Honda Odyssey
Priors:
2009 Suzuki SX4 Cross AWD 5-speed Tech package (vapor metallic blue)