How to change manual transmission fluid

Where DIYs with photos live. Please start new topics in DIY section. Completed DIYs are moved here for clutter control and quicker reference.
KuroNekko

murcod wrote: (KuroNekko could even have clutch issues like how an earlier person reported an improvement after bleeding.)
Huh? My clutch works just fine. Bleeding may help (assuming there is even air trapped in there), but air in the clutch line is nowhere near as problematic as having it in the brake lines.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
murcod

If you've got some air in the hydraulic line to your clutch it may not be fully disengaging.
David
KuroNekko

murcod wrote:If you've got some air in the hydraulic line to your clutch it may not be fully disengaging.
I'm certain I have no issues with the clutch. I can change my gears fine. It's just sometimes 1st gear and reverse engagement at the shifter is difficult. It's the lousy (comparatively) syncro and shifter Suzuki uses. I say this because the shifter in my Mazda3 was a lot better. Mazdas and Hondas are well known for having some of the best shifters in their class.

Regardless, I'll bleed the clutch line sometime more out of curiosity than anything.
murcod

I've never had any problems with mine selecting 1st and reverse. Perhaps it's a problem as they get older?

I've never been impressed with any cable operated manual trans shifter. The odd couple of solid rod/ linkage shifts have stood out with far more precision to the shift pattern.
David
KuroNekko

murcod wrote:I've never had any problems with mine selecting 1st and reverse. Perhaps it's a problem as they get older?

I've never been impressed with any cable operated manual trans shifter. The odd couple of solid rod/ linkage shifts have stood out with far more precision to the shift pattern.
My car only has 23,000 miles (37,000 km).
It's not really a problem as much as I wish it was better like my old Mazda's shifter.
murcod

:) 37000km around five times the distance mine has covered.
David
KuroNekko

murcod wrote::) 37000km around five times the distance mine has covered.
Do you not drive much? I thought your car was older than mine (MY 2011) and you were a member here before me.

However, I do commute about 40 miles everyday for work and frequently use my car to get around for work-related tasks.
Grecko

Thanks for the write-up! I've planned on doing this for awhile because of the "clunky" shifts. I'll add that my 2011 Kizashi gts sometimes has an issue where it doesn't want to go into 1st when sitting still, but if I let out on the clutch a tad it'll click in. It has 31,000 miles on it.
KuroNekko

Grecko wrote:Thanks for the write-up! I've planned on doing this for awhile because of the "clunky" shifts. I'll add that my 2011 Kizashi gts sometimes has an issue where it doesn't want to go into 1st when sitting still, but if I let out on the clutch a tad it'll click in. It has 31,000 miles on it.
No problem. I actually changed the transmission fluid in a 1976 VW Camper today with the same stuff and it has made a vast improvement in gear engagement.
SamirD

MT-90 is really good stuff. I love Redline transmission products. 8-)