Fixing USB port that has fallen under console

Where DIYs with photos live. Please start new topics in DIY section. Completed DIYs are moved here for clutter control and quicker reference.
kconklin33

Unfortunately I do not have a model which allows bluethooth
pgfyfe1302

I have the CVT. Any ideas as I have the same problem.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk
Jakekola

Also have the CVT, also just had this happen and ended up dropping something down that hole that I would like to retrieve LOL. Maybe ill try sticking a magnet down there? Anyone know if the USB connector is magnetic?
BLyons

I'm going to say probably not, as I know most connectors are not magnetic.
Black 2011 Sport SLS AWD
Nipplah

I just did this repair in my CVT, my experience was pretty similar to this post, with a few minor differences.

I couldn't pull of the black trim around my shifter easily so this is where I started to differ. Others may get theirs off easier.

To get to the back two pins I had to pull these off, which wasn't too bad. Start at the bottom with a screw driver and lift the black trim around the shifter that locks into the side trim(2nd photo) while lifting until the first pop or when you can get a hand under the side trim. After the first pop, it comes off easy.

Those orange pins are what you're after, press with a screw driver and they come off. With it is the chrome shifter boot, revealing another black plastic to remove unless you have baby hands. If you do, I hate you.

Taking off the black plastic requires taking off this black square. BE CAREFUL, there is a small black spring underneath that you don't want to lose as I did for 45 minutes.

Next are these two pins on the driver side, there are two more on passenger side, but they are immensely easier to find. The two pins on here are taken off already, it's the front rectangle hanging down and the back one with the middle cutout. As a side note if you wanted to change the sport shifter directions like someone else on the forum mentioned I believe that blue wire is it. (Not 100℅ , maybe some else can confirm)

Now you can push everything to the side and fit a normal human sized hand in there! Or at least a needle nose if you still can't get in there. As you can see I just super glued the shit out of mine so I would hopefully never do this again.
phatbutter2

Is there anything you can do if you have the CVT transmission to fix this? I will definitely be doing a couple drops of superglue to hold it, just need to get it back...
"The Kizash" 2012 Kizashi Sport SLS AWD - Black pearl
KuroNekko

phatbutter2 wrote:Is there anything you can do if you have the CVT transmission to fix this? I will definitely be doing a couple drops of superglue to hold it, just need to get it back...
The very comment above yours is someone's fix in a CVT-equipped Kizashi. Basically, superglue is the way to go. Mine hasn't caused a problem since I reinforced it with superglue.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
phatbutter2

haha swear I didn't see that, saw the comment about feeling bad for the CVT owners. thanks man

KuroNekko wrote:
phatbutter2 wrote:Is there anything you can do if you have the CVT transmission to fix this? I will definitely be doing a couple drops of superglue to hold it, just need to get it back...
The very comment above yours is someone's fix in a CVT-equipped Kizashi. Basically, superglue is the way to go. Mine hasn't caused a problem since I reinforced it with superglue.
"The Kizash" 2012 Kizashi Sport SLS AWD - Black pearl