Rims paint

Where DIYs with photos live. Please start new topics in DIY section. Completed DIYs are moved here for clutter control and quicker reference.
honsonwong

Juan wrote:What did you do with the wheel pressure sensors??? just wondering...
I made a silly mistake :roll: that I have bought a set of 4 used wheel pressure sensors, and after that, I found my kizzy do not have the TPMS. So, the wheel pressure is not a problem for me. However, I have asked the dealer about your concern, and the dealer said I can ask a tire shop to install the sensors onto the wheels and then the dealer can program it for me and the cost will be less than $100 (Canadian dollars). The 4 sensors are now rest on my desk :lol:
ssghembree1

A few years ago I decided to try and darken my wheels with the Dupli-color black chrome kit. Needless to say that didn't work, so I decided to take them all the way down and shot them with a coat of black sand-able primer. Hit them with 800 grit sandpaper, to make sure they were all smooth. Then I hit them with another coat and used 1800 grit. Next I hit it with three coats of the color from the kit, and two coats of the clear. I like the stock wheels have a totally different look. All in all, about $50 to do all four wheels. After two years, the only scuffs are from sliding into a curb while ice was on the road. It has stood up to tire changes and rotations.
Black Wheels.JPG
Black Wheels.JPG (342.92 KiB) Viewed 11554 times
Evanzo7

honsonwong wrote:
KuroNekko wrote:Looking good.
I noticed that you have the window visors and the moonroof deflector. I recently installed the window visors on my car as well.
In your opinion, is the moonroof deflector worth it? Does it really reduce the wind noise?
TBH, I have never tried to open the moonroof just a little, usually, I tilt up the moonroof or totally slide open. However, the window visors are very helpful, especially in the rainy days, it keeps the fresh air circulate, but I don't feel it reduce the wind noise.
Literally just ordered some wind deflectors myself, it's always my first "mod" if you can call it that on any car, think it makes anything look that little bit better! :)
"If in doubt , flat out" - Colin McRae 1968 -2007