Bumper Removal, Headlight Removal, and HID Kit Installation

Where DIYs with photos live. Please start new topics in DIY section. Completed DIYs are moved here for clutter control and quicker reference.
KuroNekko

bootymac wrote:All that's required is bending two pins and rotating the bulb. Hardly a lot of work compared to the entire install. It's a minor detail that requires minimal work for optimal results
Which two pins?
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
Moto
Site Admin

Nice.... great post.
bootymac

KuroNekko wrote:
bootymac wrote:All that's required is bending two pins and rotating the bulb. Hardly a lot of work compared to the entire install. It's a minor detail that requires minimal work for optimal results
Which two pins?
The bulb holder has two pins/tabs to line the bulb up. Bending them let's you rotate the bulb in any orientation. The spring clips are strong enough to keep the bulbs in place
KuroNekko

bootymac wrote:
KuroNekko wrote:
Which two pins?
The bulb holder has two pins/tabs to line the bulb up. Bending them let's you rotate the bulb in any orientation. The spring clips are strong enough to keep the bulbs in place
I see what you are talking about, but I'm not willing to do that. Have you? I know your bulbs were creating more noticeable shadows. While mine may not be perfect, the shadow is not noticeable. I think the Morimoto kit in the Kizashi's halogen projectors are optimal, short of a full HID retrofit or getting the headlights of a foreign-market Kizashi that has factory HIDs.
KuroNekko

Moto wrote:Nice.... great post.
Thanks.
I know it's super heavy on the photos, but I wanted to upload something that was complete.
I also have read people complaining about the lack of good bumper removal tutorials so I decided to cover that as well. After all, if one even wants to change out their blown halogen bulb, you have to do half of what I took photos on. Some bulbs are easier to access than others and may not require bumper removal, but removing the bumper and headlights really gives you optimal access to all bulbs.
bootymac

KuroNekko wrote:I see what you are talking about, but I'm not willing to do that. Have you? I know your bulbs were creating more noticeable shadows. While mine may not be perfect, the shadow is not noticeable. I think the Morimoto kit in the Kizashi's halogen projectors are optimal, short of a full HID retrofit or getting the headlights of a foreign-market Kizashi that has factory HIDs.
Yup, there aren't any negative consequences and it can be reversed if desired. HID bulbs are oriented properly and halogen bulbs can be positioned any way if I ever revert back to stock. The clip is strong enough to keep the bulb in place without the need for the aligning tabs.

The shadows in my prior pictures were there because I had the lights aimed too high. I don't have any new pictures but they're no longer an issue after I corrected the aim.

The end result is more or less the same. I thought it would be worth mentioning as it's part of the "proper" installation. It's up to the reader if they consider it worthwhile
KuroNekko

Word.
I'm glad that TRS addressed this issue with the H11 bulbs. Our fog lights are H11 and I have a HID kit in those from the previous owner. The light throw is rather poor on the RH side and the color of the two bulbs don't match. I want to replace them with Morimoto bulbs (I'll keep the ballasts as they work and the connectors are the same). However, the XB35s that have this ground wire solution don't come in 3000K which is the color temp I want. I like having the yellow fog lights. The Morimoto 3Five bulbs come in 3000K. I'm sure they are still an improvement over the crap that's currently in the fog lights.
SamirD

Super-sick writeup. 8-) I know it took some serious time, but this is automotive how-to's at its best. 8-)

I love that shot with your low beams and fogs on--reminds me of the Altima with the PIAAs, but I'm sure they were never this bright. :shock:

P.S. Your car is so perfectly a twin of mind in terms of salt and bumper color. :lol: Not only will I know what to do to take off the bumper, but it will literally look identical as your pictures.
krell

This has some good info on hids...http://www.hid50.com/advantages.html
Open your eyes, look within. Are you satisfied with the life you're living?
krell

Ok guys i upgraded headlights to the The Morimoto hid kit 5000k notice the hid not as bright even my wife notice this i was expecting a little more, when i had my 2010 Sonata i upgraded to hid and i could see a big difference now I'm wondering if i should have got the 55 watt kit also i wanna upgrade the DRL don't wanna go the led route was planning to go with the Philips Diamond Vision 5000K , is this a good idea? now for the fogs don't know what to do with them maybe use led for the fogs or Philips Diamond Vision, can i get you guys suggestion.
Open your eyes, look within. Are you satisfied with the life you're living?