Bumper Removal, Headlight Removal, and HID Kit Installation

Where DIYs with photos live. Please start new topics in DIY section. Completed DIYs are moved here for clutter control and quicker reference.
KuroNekko

To supplement what Bootymac wrote: The Kizashi's headlight has a projector lens for the low beam and a multi-reflector for the high beam within the same headlight. Therefore, they have two different bulbs. The HID kit installation as I wrote up in this tutorial is only for the low beam. The HID bulb goes in the projector lens. The high beams are not changed by installing this kit in the low beam. When you turn on the high beams, both the high beams and the low beams come on. Basically, the high beams come on to supplement the low beams.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
bootymac

And there's nothing quite like HIDs. Even the 2100 lumen Osram bulbs on my GTI cannot compare to the 3000+ lumens from HIDs. Considering stock halogen bulbs are 1500 lumens, it's quite the upgrade!
KuroNekko

bootymac wrote:And there's nothing quite like HIDs. Even the 2100 lumen Osram bulbs on my GTI cannot compare to the 3000+ lumens from HIDs. Considering stock halogen bulbs are 1500 lumens, it's quite the upgrade!
Truth. I actually never want to go back to halogens in any car after having used HIDs. I'm happy to see more and more cars use LEDs as OE headlights.

I'm planning on visiting Japan later this Fall and I'll see what the JDM offers in terms of high beam bulbs. If nothing suitable can be found, I may look into the Osram bulbs.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
PittsburghJoe

While I don't use the high beams very often I do occaisionally use them. That being said I have led strips running on the top of my headlights that could perfectly function as my only DRLs. That being said if I were to disable my high beam/DRLs and install the HID kit would the HIDs make up in visability what I would lose in disabling the high beams.
bootymac

High beans project light much further down the road. Kuro has some good pictures in the LED high beam thread.

If you follow my guide for disabling DRLs, your high beams will still work
PittsburghJoe

bootymac wrote:High beans project light much further down the road. Kuro has some good pictures in the LED high beam thread.

If you follow my guide for disabling DRLs, your high beams will still work
Interesting. I've searched for thread on disabling the DRLs and could only find threads that would also disable the high beams. I guess I never saw your thread. You wouldn't have a link handy for either of those threads you mentioned do you?
bootymac

Both can be found here: http://www.kizashiclub.com/forum/viewto ... 046#p31046

I'm on mobile otherwise I'd post more specific links!
PittsburghJoe

bootymac wrote:Both can be found here: http://www.kizashiclub.com/forum/viewto ... 046#p31046

I'm on mobile otherwise I'd post more specific links!
Thanks bootymac. Always so much good info here. I think I'll follow through on Kuro's HIDs and disable my DRLs so that I only have my LED strips as DRLs. I think I'll change my high beam bulbs while I'm in there. Do you still recommend the same as when you created your DRL post?
ipaqxman

Kuro, what view is step 9. Underneath?
2011 Kizash SLS AWD
bootymac

ipaqxman wrote:Kuro, what view is step 9. Underneath?
Side view