How to install DRL/High Beam LED Conversion Kit

Where DIYs with photos live. Please start new topics in DIY section. Completed DIYs are moved here for clutter control and quicker reference.
~tc~

He's saying use auto mode to find the settings, then switch to manual mode for the comparison
2011 Sport SLS with nav Black Pearl Metallic
SamirD

~tc~ wrote:He's saying use auto mode to find the settings, then switch to manual mode for the comparison
In a nutshell, yep that's it. 8-)
bootymac

Thanks for the advice! I've always shot manually but wasn't sure which settings to use for taking pictures of headlights. I'll play around with it and see what works best.

The bulbs arrived today. I'll install one set first for comparison.
SamirD

bootymac wrote:Thanks for the advice! I've always shot manually but wasn't sure which settings to use for taking pictures of headlights. I'll play around with it and see what works best.

The bulbs arrived today. I'll install one set first for comparison.
If it's pitch dark, I'd start with the lowest f-stop you can go, ISO of 800/1600, and a tripod. 8-)

Consistency is all you're going to look for between shots. This way, any differences will be the headlights and not the exposure settings changing on you.

I made the mistake of buying transition lenses after seeing the ad with the videographer/photographer in it. Bad mistake. I would get into a sunny area and wonder why my exposure was so dark. It wasn't the camera, but my glasses! :oops:
bootymac

So my Kizashi's highbeams won't turn on independently; they turn my lowbeams (HIDs) on as well. I ended up installing the bulbs into my GTI first and took some photos here: http://www.kizashiclub.com/forum/viewto ... =28&t=3070
Last edited by bootymac on Fri May 30, 2014 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KuroNekko

Yeah, the Kizashi's high beams work to supplement the low beams so the low beams don't go off when high beams are used.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
SamirD

bootymac wrote:So my Kizashi's highbeams won't turn on independently; they turn my lowbeams (HIDs) on as well. I ended up installing the bulbs into my GTI first and took some photos here: http://www.kizashiclub.com/forum/viewto ... =28&t=3070
Hmm...so I wonder how they would look in the Kizashi as we have projectors on the low beam?
bootymac

SamirD wrote:
bootymac wrote:So my Kizashi's highbeams won't turn on independently; they turn my lowbeams (HIDs) on as well. I ended up installing the bulbs into my GTI first and took some photos here: http://www.kizashiclub.com/forum/viewto ... =28&t=3070
Hmm...so I wonder how they would look in the Kizashi as we have projectors on the low beam?
I don't think the projector changes anything. It'll just be brighter compared to stock bulbs