The Kizashi DIY/FAQ Index

Where DIYs with photos live. Please start new topics in DIY section. Completed DIYs are moved here for clutter control and quicker reference.
avluis

SamirD wrote:
avluis wrote:Please post them up, I want it all :D
Sure thing. Do you have an ftp site or something I can upload them to? I've got several portable browsers including firefox from a few years ago that I downloaded to test to see what to deploy on our desktops.

Actually, here's a link to the source...with every version of portable firefox going back to v2.0 :o 8-) Enjoy!
https://sourceforge.net/projects/portab ... ble%20Ed./
Oh! LOL -- You meant Firefox Portable -- I thought you were referring to a portable version of the manual.
Whoops -- Sorry for the confusion~

If I ever find the time, I need to build some scripts to export the data from the manual so that I can create an Android application out of it.
There is just so much to go through though, so no promises or anything of the sort.
2011 Kizashi Sport GTS MT
I do all my installs. <-- Service Manual.
Pulley, Springs, Shift Knob, Sway Bar, Brake Lines, Piggyback, LED lamps, Remote Start, Heated Seats, Heated Mirrors & Turn Signals.
SamirD

Ah shucks, and I thought I was going to help out big time. :(

Shoot, the only portable version of the manual is the various pdfs we have here put on to a cell phone or tablet. An Android app would be quite amazing. I bet you could sell it too even though technically the content would be covered under US copyright.
avluis

SamirD wrote:Ah shucks, and I thought I was going to help out big time. :(

Shoot, the only portable version of the manual is the various pdfs we have here put on to a cell phone or tablet. An Android app would be quite amazing. I bet you could sell it too even though technically the content would be covered under US copyright.
I need to look that up and inquire here and there -- with Suzuki out of the US market and all that~
2011 Kizashi Sport GTS MT
I do all my installs. <-- Service Manual.
Pulley, Springs, Shift Knob, Sway Bar, Brake Lines, Piggyback, LED lamps, Remote Start, Heated Seats, Heated Mirrors & Turn Signals.
SamirD

avluis wrote:

I need to look that up and inquire here and there -- with Suzuki out of the US market and all that~
Yes you do. I bet with the demand for a 'factory service manual' by technicians trying to service the car is going to be pretty high once the subscription portal no longer provides access.

That's the strange thing I've found in the digital age--it's actually much, much easier to completely lose something because when it's digitally gone, it's really gone. :?
Ronzuki

I don't find any of it strange...I find it damn annoying both personally and professionally. Printed paper manuals never vanish unless I lose them (or loan to my brother). Which is where my Samurai FSM has been for quite awhile now.

OK, so adobe flash is required...check. I'll look in to that next.
As far as copyright jazz goes, they left us high and dry...screw the copyright BS.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
SamirD

Ronzuki wrote:I don't find any of it strange...I find it damn annoying both personally and professionally. Printed paper manuals never vanish unless I lose them (or loan to my brother). Which is where my Samurai FSM has been for quite awhile now.

OK, so adobe flash is required...check. I'll look in to that next.
As far as copyright jazz goes, they left us high and dry...screw the copyright BS.
It scares me a bit. My parents still have the 3-4" photos from 1975 of me and my brother. But they couldn't find jpgs from 2 years ago if their life depended on it. And what's scary is that most people are probably this way with their digital goods.

When all we are when we're gone is the memories we left behind, and those memories were never archived and were lost, does that mean we never existed? On one level I think we know the answer to this...
Woodie

SamirD wrote: the only portable version of the manual is the various pdfs we have here put on to a cell phone or tablet.
I've never seen that, and that's exactly what I want, a PDF. Got any idea where I could find such a thing?
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
Ronzuki

avluis wrote:
Ronzuki wrote:
Ronzuki wrote:That link just brings up the cover of the manual. None of the index or nav buttons function for me here on my work machine. Windows 7 Pro 64-bit w/ all the latest updates utilizing IE. What am I missing?
OK, so I've got Firefox on this machine here at work, finally, and the manual comes up, the index is viewable and I can drill down through the index no problem. However, once I select a specific topic to view the manual information for, nothing happens. So what am I still missing ? A plug-in, some non-standard browser setting? It sure would be nice not to have to dig out the old XP tank and CD every time I want to look at something. Thanks.
You need to have Adobe Flash if I recall -- and yes, it would be nice not to dig out that Windows XP machine (Microsoft will upgrade it to Windows 10 before you know it).
Shockwave plug-in is installed, up to date and active. Still no go. Any other suggestions? Can still navigate index, just nothing comes up in the right-hand pane where manual content would appear. Manual cover is permanently visible. thnx
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
SamirD

Ronzuki wrote:Shockwave plug-in is installed, up to date and active. Still no go. Any other suggestions? Can still navigate index, just nothing comes up in the right-hand pane where manual content would appear. Manual cover is permanently visible. thnx
Okay, I just tested it with this version of Portable Firefox 2.0.0.14 and it worked. :shock:

Download it here and then try it:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/portab ... 02.0.0.14/

The software is portable, so it doesn't install onto the computer. Put it on a flash drive with the kizashi manual as the home page and you should be good to go. 8-)
SamirD

avluis wrote:

One thing that just dawned on me that you might be able to try--compiled html. web2chm seems to be a popular program that seems like it will be able to do just this. And then zamzar can convert chm files to pdf so that could get it to pdf.