GTS Wheel Rash DIY Repair

Where DIYs with photos live. Please start new topics in DIY section. Completed DIYs are moved here for clutter control and quicker reference.
AlexRuiz

That was a very carefully planed and executed repair!
Hard to spot the initial scratch without looking on purpose.

Have you tried polishing and waxing the whole wheel?
If you don't want to spend too much, just go to advance auto and grab the turtle wax PREMIUM rubbing compound. It is very very good, totally unrelated to their "regular" compound. If they have Collinite 845 (insulator wax) that works wonder on wheels. If they don't have the Collinte, grab any other wax. You have to protect after polishing.

The polish will blend the paint nicely and give it shine. The wax will increase the shine and protect.
2010 Suzuki Kizashi S MT
Trailboss

My wife just scraped the curb when leaving the gym... :evil:

Thanks for the write up, we will be doing this soon, I reckon. :cry:
KIZAWDinKC

I did the repair last May or June 2011, and it's Feb. 2012. The repair has held up just fine after all the car washes and driving and bad weather and bad roads. I forgot I even did it. But it's just a repair. It doesn't look ghetto, but it's not perfect. If you get down and look at the wheel, it's noticeable. Somewhat of a discoloration like it has some hazy dirt on it that needs to be wiped. But it's fine. I'm happy with it even if it's not perfect because I don't have to spend $279 on a new wheel.

Now the TPMS sensors.....that's another story. I had one go bad a couple months ago and took it in to replace it under warranty. So now I'm worried that the TPMS sensors are going to randomly cause problems over the years with the Kiz. What a pain.
Atlas

Looks like I'll be doing this repair this weekdend. I just curbed my wheel, hard.
johnhenrydale

can you actually fit a full sized spare wheel in the trunk's spare wheel well ?
2011 Kizashi Sport "GLS" 2WD
(GTS Upgrade project)
6sp MT
Azure Gray Metallic
Anthracite Gray Vossen CVT 19" / 5 x 114.3 +32
cocos3

can you actually fit a full sized spare wheel in the trunk's spare wheel well ?

johnhenry, all Australian Kizashi come with a full size, so unless they've filled your trunk's space with something else, it should fit...
Red 2013 Prestige w/ sat-nav
melanie

Great post with nice pics. You have fill the repair filler in the damage area of a wheel, it was great. And, now after repair wheel look's perfect with this color.