Site Changes

murcod

I noticed that happen- didn't realise why they'd been changed though.

On another Suzuki forum I'm on you can actually see a history of the post changes. That would have the same effect?

(But possibly not be liked either?)
David
Moto
Site Admin

I understand that this was likely an isolated event, but we lost some really good content this time and I don't really want to see something like this happen again. I now changed editing time to two weeks. I don't like rules in general, and I really don't like invasive rules. Hopefully this won't interfere with many members. If changes need to be made I am always happy to make them for you. If you want you account and posts deleted I can do that as well, but I prefer it is done with a cool head.

@murcod
Unfortunately, this board software does not have a history system. The other forum you are on must have a wiki type editing system. (makes a massive database) I may have a backup with his posts, but clearly he wanted them gone so I probably won't dig them back out.

If I notice any real problems with this rule I will get rid of it, but two weeks is quite awhile and anything older than that probably isn't likely to be fixed by the author anyway.

I'm open to input on this. I already had two members make comments on it which is more than I usually get when I make a site change.

Do you think two weeks is long enough? What would you like to see done?
Stodge

That's generous; some sites I use prevent editing after one hour. :)
Moto
Site Admin

May do a major site update in a few weeks. I started a new forum from scratch and I'm learning a few things. We'll see. (Will be a modded version of phpbb.)

I may not make any changes though because I believe the next version of phpbb isn't too far on the horizon and It is suppose to be a major change.
~tc~

Tapatalk compatible please
2011 Sport SLS with nav Black Pearl Metallic
Moto
Site Admin

Image restrictions removed.

I think Tapatalk is working. You will have to let me know.

New registration Q&A setup. Should be easier for people and harder for bots.

Database now is on autobackup
Moto
Site Admin

As I expected the modifications made to the forum previously did no want to play nice with some of the changes I wanted to make.

Sorry about the down time. Let me know if anything else is screwed up... I will probably wait to make any more major changes until the next version of phpbb comes out.