Site Changes

Moto
Site Admin

I'll probably update the forum software this week. (I did a full backup today) I'll probably do it on one of my other forums first to make sure it isn't going to screw with anything. I'm not going to start it right now because I don't feel like staying up until 3am if something goes wrong.

I also added some more spam protection to depot, and upgraded to the latest wordpress.
Moto
Site Admin

We have been starting to see an influx of spam bots cracking the captcha so I changed it to a simple question. Metarox or Ghost please feel free to check the registration. It worked for me so I think it is OK, but better safe than sorry. Let me know if I should change the wording. I think the question is poorly worded right now, but I couldn't really think of anything better.

Apparently regular captcha has been cracked because I had about 20 fake users get registered in one day on my other forum. I'm trying to avoid that problem here.
metatrox

Question looks good to me. I'm sure most users would rather have one small question than a bunch of crap floating around the forums
2010 SLS, Platinum Silver.
TheHolyGhost

I agree with you Moto, the question does seem strangely worded, but I'm not sure of the best way to reword it. Something like: "What car is discussed on this forum?" Also, does the question accept multiple answers, like "Suzuki Kizashi" or just "Kizashi"?
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed
Platinum Silver Metallic (Battle wounded)

2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
metatrox

Yes, it does accept both of those answers.
2010 SLS, Platinum Silver.
TheHolyGhost

That's good. I think we're probably in good shape then.
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
Moto
Site Admin

It uses your wording now, and it accepts both answers.
TheHolyGhost

Awesome, hopefully it'll keep the spammers out.
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
Moto
Site Admin

Added one more plugin to fight spam in depot. (SI CAPTCHA) I run the same set of spam blockers on 4 different wordpress accounts and have gone from having 10+ fake comments and pingbacks a day to 0. Most of the bots can't handle captcha on word press because it doesn't have it by default.
Moto
Site Admin

Made it so that posts can only be edited and deleted by authors for a week.

Reason:
Had a good member go a little nuts and change all of his posts to "1." Unfortunately this particular member posted quite valuable content, and I can not easily recover his posts.

No comments were ever made to me as to what happened, and I didn't see anything that I thought would set him off.