Which one's better lease or buy?

If it has an S on the front you can talk about it here.
sunergo7

We are into our final phase of having our new Kizashi but still undecided whether or not to buy or lease... Your insights would be appreciated. Thnx.
Moto
Site Admin

If you plan to keep the car more than a year or so you are typically much better off to buy.

More often than not they make the math complex enough that is difficult to figure out in a short amount of time, but you typically end up paying more for the car in the long run.

You really need to run the numbers your self, but I have never heard of anyone getting a great deal on lease.

Someone else should respond to this because I'm biased since my family got screwed on a new truck once because of a smooth talking salesman.

Has anyone had better luck?
sunergo7

I guess your right in a way... I did my math and pretty much in the long run pay the same amount.. Anyways, we have the car already (GTS Kizashi AWD) and we're very happy with it.. Love it!!!
ThunderSky

I usually prefer to buy. Got my new Kizashi with a pretty good down payment, Balance financed at ZERO percent over 3 years. I'll then own it with no payments and lots of warranty left. My wife will love this car in the winter.
I bought my 2001 Mazda financed over 3.5 years , still driving it regularly (rainy days) and it will now be my winter car when I store my Sky Redline, which I paid cash for 3 years ago.
The one exception is the Honda, which I lease for my mother. But she drives so little and the Honda's are so rock solid that I'll likely buy it out at the end and just give it to her.

Basically it's a choice you have to make, and the determining factor IMHO is how long you want to keep the car. If you are the type that wants a new car every few years then a lease is as good as anything, but keep in mind that you'll always have payments. For me, I prefer to get rid of the payments as quickly as possible and get as many payment free years as possible.
2011 Kizashi SX - AWD
2008 Honda Civic
2007 Saturn Sky Redline
2001 Mazda Protege