Does anyone know how to take off the manual shift knob?!

If it has an S on the front you can talk about it here.
EYPTAN

Well like the title says I'm stuck. I had a sx4 with the same problem I can remove my shift knob. For some odd reason it's not a simple twist off. That's fine I figured I'd bite the bullet and bring it to the dealership and look like an idiot. However, no luck they can't figure it out. I have no clue and am stumped if you have done it or know how to please let me know haha.
BxKizashiS

It's crazy how the dealer don't know they're own stuff lol.. Well from my experience only stick shift knobs twist on & off, the automatic u have to pop off the aluminum piece & then there should be screws there. Phillips or small Allen keys. The boot is a clip on, with enough force u can snap it down & out
2012 Suzuki Kizashi S AWD
H&R Springs, RRM Intake, Magnaflow Custom Exhaust, NRG Bucket Seats, Takata Drift II Harness, Cypher Auto Harness Bar, 25 shot NOS(for now)
Facebook.com/jpreludesi
IG: N2OKizashi
EYPTAN

Thats where I am stuck. I have done this on several other cars. I can take the boot off but its the knob thats fighting me. I think you are right about looking for a screw or something. I'll keep everyone posted that might car to know how.
KuroNekko

The shift knob comes off by twisting it counter clockwise. I tried it on mine and it came loose. This is the way it works for most manual trans shift knobs. Most OEM knobs dont have allen screws, they just screw on. Not sure why yours is so hard to remove. Mine comes off with two hands turning it counter clockwise. Same deal with my Mazda's knob too.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
Wonson92

Yep brute force. Mine took a lot to twist the first 90 degrees then its just like any other. Kind of felt like it wasnt meant to twist at first but it is.
2011 Premium Silver XL

Learn. Do. Break. Fix. Explore. Save. Repeat
EYPTAN

Wow I guess moral of this story is I need to hit the gym :p. I swear I've tried it so many times even had my linebacker friends do it to no avail. Just FYI I bought a 6sp gear knob that lights up in a matching red and is leather ill post a photo once I get it on. Got it for 60 and if anyone wants the cite ill glady find it again an put it up here.
cca105983

I'd love to know what cite you got it from :) !
Wonson92

Yea post it up that would look awesome. Is it battery powered or do you somehow have to wire it up?
2011 Premium Silver XL

Learn. Do. Break. Fix. Explore. Save. Repeat
EYPTAN

It was a wire up and lets just say it didnt look to great. ill throw up a photo later if I get a minute when I get home. The issue with this car is that its the whole lift up reverse thing. It just looks tacky and cheap unless it meets that black ring for the reverse and thats what I was running into. That plus it added another 3 inchs to the knob. Ill find that cite though cause they do make a lift reverse it was in germany and it was real leather and looked like a VW Wolfsberg shift knob in colors.
EYPTAN

Okay just as a bit of a disclaimer, these do not look good on our cars but they look good on cars that do not have lift reverse. or if you cant to rip theirs apart and build your own...I might be doing that haha. its also from Germany, maybe, quality is fantastic and it took a long time getting here. That being said here it is http://gearknob.de/shop/en/Stage/gearknobs/index.html