Based On The Suzuki SX4: The Volkswagen Rocktan

If it has an S on the front you can talk about it here.
vwoom

This is the rumoured German cousin of the SX4...
---------
Volkswagen Rocktan, Based On Suzuki SX-4 Leaked

Volkswagen will exploit its partnership with Suzuki by launching a model based on the current SX-4. It is called Rocktan and the Germans will fight with Nissan Juke and Toyota Urban Cruiser.

After connected a close partnership with Suzuki and bought a stake of 19.9% in the Japanese automaker, Volkswagen is already thinking how to use better the Nippon resources. According to unofficial sources, the German leadership wants a new model in range, based on the Suzuki SX4. It would be baptized Rocktan and become the first concrete result of the joint venture’s created between the two sides.

New member of the Volkswagen range will be a city SUV, positioned between the present CrossPolo and Tiguan. Theoretically, by launch Rocktan, the Germans will try to offer something more individualistic replacement of the old CrossGolf. Moreover, the model will allow to the automaker from Wolfsburg to beat with the new Japanese models, such as Toyota Urban Cruiser and Nissan Juke, launched in March at Geneva Motor Show.

As expected, the engines range of the German model will borrow Volkswagen familiar engines, including: 1.4-liter TSI engine for those who prefer gasoline, and 1.6-liter, respectively 2.0-liter TDI engine for those that favor diesel.

There is currently no information about the starting price, but is expected that VW Rocktan will cost under $25,000. The release date was not announced, the Governing Board will give its consent for the series, which will probably take place in Hungarian plant from Esztergom.

http://www.mibz.com/11296-volkswagen-ro ... eaked.html
lookin

vw should also help suzuki get going maybe selling suzukis in vw dealerships and service that might improve suzukis visibility unless vw scared of kizashi..lol
Moto
Site Admin

I have a feeling there will be a VW version of the Kizashi eventually too... I don't think we will see it in the US, but maybe we will.
vwoom

I'd wager on a JDM VW badged Kizashi...
TheHolyGhost

Would it be worthwhile for them to create a Kizashi? It seems like the Jetta and Passat are in the relative range already. The only real price difference between a Jetta and Kizashi in similar trim comes from the more expensive VW engines I would think.
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed
Platinum Silver Metallic (Battle wounded)

2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
vwoom

Here's an old but relevant C/D article on rebadging Suzukis as VW's:

http://blog.caranddriver.com/could-suzu ... gle+Reader

I'd see Suzuki, albeit now with a limited dealer network staying in the USDM..slotted below upmarket VW and I anticipate it to be it's "small car" arm in America.

Regarding the Kizashi, it's smaller "mid-size" size (compared to the competition, including the current pricier Passat) would be a transitional/compromise model slotted between the Jetta and the Passat (and the impending NCS "New Jetta" and bigger NMS "New Passat")...and it just so happens to be the largest Suzuki sedan available to date that Americans can buy.
Kizashi Maru

Moto wrote:I have a feeling there will be a VW version of the Kizashi eventually too... I don't think we will see it in the US, but maybe we will.
There already is, it's called the Jetta. Actually, probably more fair to say that the Kizashi is a Suzuki version of the Jetta A5.

Nothing wrong with copying a good product and then improving on it to make it great.