kizashi

If it has an S on the front you can talk about it here.
cameo1

anyone here think suzuki will be leaving us due to slow sales and if so would you still be able to get service and parts....i suppose to pick one up on saturday but im getting nervous because of may sales report i saw....but should i be
Moto
Site Admin

I don't think there are plans to pull out just yet, but yes things look kind of bad for the US. I have a feeling they could work something out with VW to service their cars. I wouldn't worry too much.

Even though they are doing bad I don't think they will give up the foot hold they have. They do fine in the global market, and if you look at the size of the cars that will be released this year suzuki is in a good place because they are good at making small vehicles.

The new version of the swift is engineered to meet US standard so I don't think they will pull out until after they have a shot at seeing how that car will do.
lookin

big advocate for the car but starting to get a little nervous too.....cant see how kizashi wont sell more....ahhhh well
lookin

I guess no one cares if suzuki leaves or not ... Its not that serious huh im feeling better
TheHolyGhost

It's not that nobody cares, they just don't think that Subaru is leaving us yet. Hopefully VW can help inject some more life into the brand in addition to Suzuki doing it on its own with more cars like that Kizashi.
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed
Platinum Silver Metallic (Battle wounded)

2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
lookin

WELL I CERTAINLY HOPE SO
TheHolyGhost

Don't we all :)
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed
Platinum Silver Metallic (Battle wounded)

2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
vwoom

Granted, Suzuki has for now fewer dealers to peddle models like the Kizashi, etc...I don't think they would ever leave the USDM. With the reportedly reintroduction of the New Swift for the US, the planned next gen SX4 in a few years..I would even expect for Suzuki to actually expand their dealer network, slowly albeit surely (as the economy picks up). Besides, VW has that 20% vested cut for it to succeed, be it here or overseas...
Moto
Site Admin

I think the plan is to go to 30% over the next year or so also.