Japanese Domestic Market (JDM) Suzuki Vehicles Gallery

If it has an S on the front you can talk about it here.
murcod

Ronzuki wrote:What type of driveline is in that Jimny? solid axles? Geared t-case?
Thanks, great pics.
I'm pretty sure the Jimny still has live axles front and rear. Not sure on the txfr case internals though.

Have a look here : http://www.suzuki.com.au/vehicles/model ... a/overview we only get the 1.3l 4cyl engine, but the rest should be very much the same.
David
KuroNekko

I think murcod is correct on the drivetrain configuration. Other than the powerplant, the rest of the set-up should be the same for the Jimny in both Japan and Australia.

I am back in the US now. I did not see a single Kizashi even though I visited Tokyo for a few days before heading back to the US. I was not able to get any Kizashi-specific accessories because no dealer I went to had the Kizashi on the lot.
On the other hand, I did go to a Japanese auto parts store and an utility store and picked up a silicone steering wheel cover, PIAA LED position bulbs, and of course, a JDM air freshener (I'm a big fan).

I will post on the PIAA bulbs after I install them.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
Pyramid1

These pics are proof that we get good some good stuff that the home market doesn't, but I'm sure with a little more digging you could have uncovered some gems that aren't sold elsewhere. I think those little Kei cars are pretty cool (if a bit strange looking) but sadly they would never sell very well here in the states outside of metro areas. Even then they would be a tough sell...I live in one of the largest metro areas in the country (DFW) but everything is so spread out that having what is basically an enclosed go-kart to tool around in wouldn't be very attractive. (especially sharing freeways with tons of massive 18 wheelers every single day)
KuroNekko

Kei-cars are good for city living, yet they are all over Japan, even in the rural areas. It's not only about city density, but factors like vehicle-specific taxes, high fuel prices, and narrow roads that contribute to the popularity of kei-cars all over Japan.
In fact, in a big American city, Kei's would make a lot of sense too. The fact that the Smart car and Scion iQ are in the US is a sign that maybe Americans could also get used to a kei car. They are everything a city dweller would need without the excessive weight, speed, or size one does not need.
These kei's are much better than the Smart car in my opinion. The only advantage of the Smart I can think of is that it meets US crash test specs (although the car's crash test results are quite questionable when hit by a larger vehicle instead of a wall).
The new Suzuki Wagon R is rated at 28.8 km/l. That's a hybrid-busting 67.7 mpg.

Here's Suzuki's full line up in Japan. Japanese automakers have much bigger line-ups in Japan than they do in the US, creating for far more variation.

http://www.suzuki.co.jp/car/lineup/index.html
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)