Japanese Domestic Market (JDM) Suzuki Vehicles Gallery

If it has an S on the front you can talk about it here.
KuroNekko

I am currently visiting family in Japan and thought to take photos of Suzuki vehicles in Suzuki's homeland of Japan. Suzuki is most famous for their "Kei-jidousha" or what is translated to "light vehicles" which have dimension and engine displacement limitations for their classification. The engine displacement limit is 660cc. These cars are easily identified by their yellow license plates and have the lowest automobile taxes in Japan.
The Suzuki Wagon R is among the most famous Kei-cars and is one of Japan's best selling cars.

The first Kizashi (obviously, not a Kei-car) I ever saw was in Japan a few years back. If I see Kizashi's, I will definitely post them here.
Anyhow, I thought to create a gallery of JDM Suzuki's because many of these models are not found in North America or even outside Asia.
I will add more photos as I take them.
Attachments
Suzuki Wagon R. This model looks to be new or very recent.
Suzuki Wagon R. This model looks to be new or very recent.
Suzuki Alto rear quarter.
Suzuki Alto rear quarter.
Suzuki Alto. I believe the model is a few to several years old.
Suzuki Alto. I believe the model is a few to several years old.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
Northernstar

Visit your family?? I have been wanting to ask you, are you Japanese or Chinese??

Personally I dont quite like 軽自動車 just because they lack the power. But have to admit in country like Japan, it is a wise choice.

Btw, while you are at Japan, can you take a look and see if there's any Kizashi accessories that's available over there but not in US/Canada?? I have been looking for a aux in for ages but can't seem to find any.......
Moto
Site Admin

doublefacepalm.jpg
KuroNekko

Northernstar wrote:Visit your family?? I have been wanting to ask you, are you Japanese or Chinese??

Personally I dont quite like 軽自動車 just because they lack the power. But have to admit in country like Japan, it is a wise choice.

Btw, while you are at Japan, can you take a look and see if there's any Kizashi accessories that's available over there but not in US/Canada?? I have been looking for a aux in for ages but can't seem to find any.......
I am half Japanese. I was born in Japan and spent most of my childhood in Japan. I even had dual citizenship, but had to give up the Japanese one because they technically don't allow it after age 23. I am currently in the city of Kobe, which is my hometown. The license plates of the first two cars are Kobe plates.

Yeah, Kei-cars are relatively under-powered, but in a country like Japan, these cars make a lot of sense. The roads are very narrow, parking spaces are tiny, and fuel is expensive. It's currently around 150 yen per liter for regular. That would be roughly 6.8 US dollars per gallon with the current exchange rate.
Fortunately, because of the motorcycle-like displacement of 660cc max, most Kei-cars are turbocharged. Though they are not fast, the cars are also lightweight so they aren't exactly slugs. I live around hills in Kobe and have seen many Kei-cars make their way around decently.

Lastly, I do plan on visiting a Suzuki dealership in Japan. I have to find one, but when I do, I plan to take a good look at JDM Kizashi accessories.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
Moto
Site Admin

That was a much nicer response than I was expecting.

KuroNekko, You'll have to post some pictures. I've always wanted to go to Japan. There was a conference there this year, but I wasn't high enough up the ladder to get invited.
murcod

We got the Wagon R here for a while, but it was never a big seller. Have you seen any Kizashi's?

Enjoy your time.
David
Northernstar

Moto wrote:That was a much nicer response than I was expecting.

KuroNekko, You'll have to post some pictures. I've always wanted to go to Japan. There was a conference there this year, but I wasn't high enough up the ladder to get invited.
Lol, what else were you expecting??
Moto
Site Admin

I have worked with quite a few Chinese people and a good friend of mine married someone from Hong Kong(which is its own beast). None of those people are fans of Japan. If you mistook them as being Japanese they wouldn't be very happy with you. I think the feelings are reciprocated. I'm somewhat familiar with both cultures and they are very different.

I watch more asian tv and films than I care to admit so I'm able to pick out quite a few languages, text, and common words.

"KuroNekko" ~ "Black Root" in Japanese. I knew kuro was a color, but I had to look up the rest. Long shorty short, lot of the Asian countries don't get along very well.
Northernstar

LOL, it's somewhat true but it really depends on what part of asian country you are from. All of this hatred arises from all the recent territorial disputes. People from China can't get along with Japanese but Taiwanese and people from Hong Kong etc have no problem.

Kuronekko here actaully means black cat, just like his profile pic:)
Northernstar

KuroNekko wrote:
Northernstar wrote:Visit your family?? I have been wanting to ask you, are you Japanese or Chinese??

I am half Japanese. I was born in Japan and spent most of my childhood in Japan. I even had dual citizenship, but had to give up the Japanese one because they technically don't allow it after age 23. I am currently in the city of Kobe, which is my hometown. The license plates of the first two cars are Kobe plates.

Yeah, Kei-cars are relatively under-powered, but in a country like Japan, these cars make a lot of sense. The roads are very narrow, parking spaces are tiny, and fuel is expensive. It's currently around 150 yen per liter for regular. That would be roughly 6.8 US dollars per gallon with the current exchange rate.
Fortunately, because of the motorcycle-like displacement of 660cc max, most Kei-cars are turbocharged. Though they are not fast, the cars are also lightweight so they aren't exactly slugs. I live around hills in Kobe and have seen many Kei-cars make their way around decently.

Lastly, I do plan on visiting a Suzuki dealership in Japan. I have to find one, but when I do, I plan to take a good look at JDM Kizashi accessories.
have fun and let us know if you find any interesting accessories for Kizashi:)