Suzuki concept car in Shanghai Motor Show

If it has an S on the front you can talk about it here.
KuroNekko

Call me crazy, but I also really like this Suzuki concept car.
When it was first shown, it was called the "Regina". A year later, Suzuki renamed it to "G70". I think it would be a great city car with very distinct looks. It has the design influence of French cars from decades ago.

More Info:
http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1070 ... #100371987
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
Pyramid1

coref1 wrote:I thought the same as you except was thinking a cross between an Audi and a Honda Accord. It also looks bigger which i don't like. I prefer the current Kizashi with its genuine midsize and individual look.
According to the article, it's a "trunked" version of the SX4 (or sedan) which would make it smaller than the Kizashi. It does look Kizashi size to my eyes as well, but it's hard to get a scale with nothing to compare it to..
ninaku

Is ths the same model that were presented at the Geneva Motor Show last March?

http://www.hargasuzukiertiga.com/new-sx4-concept.html
Lussy PI

I kindda like the exterior, especially the new looks of the fron facia, its so sporty
IshaanIan

it is called the suzuki yl1 (atleast for now) and is indeed an sx4 replacement Image

test cars
KuroNekko

The new SX4 looks like a mini Kizashi which is what I was expecting. Would love to see the inside too.

Also, I recently read in a Japanese car magazine that the car I posted about above (the Regina/G70/green weird looking car) is going to enter production in 2014 in Japan. I've seen the production design and of course it's not as cool as the concept.
It will however have a hybrid 800cc turbo engine and get around 35km/l or 82 MPG.
Knightstruth

IshaanIan wrote:it is called the suzuki yl1 (atleast for now) and is indeed an sx4 replacement Image

test cars
Looks like a last gen fusion with the side being a chrysler 200, and a civic rear. That last sentence is not a compliment. It just could be the angles.
SamirD

What about this which looks like a Kizashi concept? Anyone know more about this one?
KuroNekko

SamirD wrote:What about this which looks like a Kizashi concept? Anyone know more about this one?
Yeah, that was the last Kizashi concept car before the Kizashi went into production. Others included a cross-over under the same name. This is the car that most influenced the design of the production model. A lot of people really liked this concept car and when they saw the production model, they were disappointed much like with the trolling Subaru does with concept vs. production.

The concept car is quite old now as it was shown before the Kizashi as we know it went into production.
SamirD

That's amazing that this was pre-production. I actually thought it might have been a 2014 concept!

It must have been an utter disappointment to see the real car after that concept.