For those of you interested

If it has an S on the front you can talk about it here.
paininthenuts

I am aware that models and timings of model changes vary from country to country. Here is some news that effects the UK market at least. The Alto (Suzuki's biggest selling model) as well as the Splash, are to go shortly. They are to be replaced with another car that Suzuki deem will suit both markets, and will start at about the £8 mark.

I have this info from two good sources. Both contacts work for Suzuki, and one thinks it is great forward thinking, and the other thinks it is madness.

If you live in a country where this new model has been released, please post pictures.
KuroNekko

I'm sure the replacement is the Suzuki Celerio:

http://www.globalsuzuki.com/globalnews/2014/0206b.html
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
murcod

That name's right up there with "Cederic".
David
KuroNekko

murcod wrote:That name's right up there with "Cederic".
I actually like JDM names. It's probably because it's nostalgic to me, having grown up in Japan. I like names like the Cedric, Gloria, Skyline, etc. and actually prefer them over the alphanumeric names that the companies give them for foreign markets. I don't care for the name changes which mimics German luxury nomenclature (which recently no longer makes much sense anymore). For example, the Infiniti G37/Q50 is called the Nissan Skyline in Japan.
The Nissan Gloria (a nicer Cedric) was the Infiniti M45 before the current one replaced it. The current one is called the Nissan Fuga.
Even the Mazda3 has the name of Axela in the JDM while the Mazda6 is called the Atenza. American JDM fans often debadge their cars and replace them with the JDM badges.
I've seen a few Acura RSXs and TSXs rebadged as Honda Integra and Honda Accord Euro, respectively.

The Kizashi is simply called Kizashi globally. Some may argue it should of had a different name for other markets.
Woodie

Some may argue that it should have had a different name for EVERY market.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
KuroNekko

Woodie wrote:Some may argue that it should have had a different name for EVERY market.
I've heard that before too, but I actually like the name. About damn time a Japanese car has a Japanese name! Yes, I may be a little biased, but I just don't care for those Latin-derived names that so many Asian cars are called.

Suzuki was bold enough to name some of their products Japanese names and some of them have been widely successful. For example, the Suzuki Hayabusa. Hayabusa is the Japanese name for the Peregrine Falcon, the fastest animal on Earth. In a dive, it can reach speeds of close to 200 MPH. Suzuki named their fastest bike after the bird for its similar top speed and maybe the fact that Peregrine Falcons sometime dine on Blackbirds... which happened to be the name of a Honda competitor: Honda CBR1100XX Super Blackbird.

Suzuki also has the Inazuma motorcycle. Inazuma means lightning bolt in Japanese.

Kizashi means an omen or harbinger. In Japanese, it's not necessarily a term associated with something sinister like "omen" is in English. However, I believe the connotation of "omen" in English is why Suzuki marketing folks derived a bizarre definition of "Kizashi" along the lines of, "a sign of great things to come".

I'll also acknowledge my total bias as I speak Japanese, but I also don't think the name is hard to pronounce.
Key/Zah/She. Kizashi.

See, not hard. In fact, I think it's easier to pronounce than "Subaru" given no one says it correctly in English-speaking nations.
In fact, I'll pronounce it the proper way when referring to the brand and no one understands me. I then say it like Paul Hogan/Crocodile Dundee (below) and they all get it and think I was being a mumbling idiot the first time.
:roll:

[youtube][/youtube]
whiteliner

Suzuki replacing Alto & Splash.
New model Celerio made in Thailand and India replacing both.
Already a very big seller in both markets, also available with a new clutchless manual gearbox, not much more expensive than manual and as frugal.
New Maruti Suzuki Ciaz launching in India in October replacing SX4 saloon, already several thousand bookings before launch.

SUZUKI TAKING OVER THE WORLD
sx4rocious

whiteliner wrote:
SUZUKI TAKING OVER HALF OF THE WORLD
Ronzuki

sx4rocious wrote:
whiteliner wrote:
SUZUKI TAKING OVER HALF OF THE WORLD
Apparently the smarter half :?
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
KuroNekko

Just found this on Jalopnik.com and thought I'd post it here given that Japanese car brand pronunciations were discussed here.

The girl is pronouncing the car brand names as they are called in Japan.

[youtube][/youtube]

However, I'll add this as I did on Jalopnik:

Actually Mazda is "Mazda" and the reason why the Japanese called it "Matsuda" is because they call the company after the name of the founder, Mr. Matsuda instead of the actual company name. Matsuda is a common last name in Japan and I'd say the equivalent of "Miller" in the US.

However, the company's name is not officially Matsuda. It's Mazda and that was deliberate. Mr. Matsuda named the company after a Persian god whose name sounded like his own. It's somewhat similar to the history behind Audi's name given Mr. Horch named the company after the Latin word for "listen" as his name meant listen in German.

In essence, we are saying Mazda correctly and the Japanese are saying it wrong because they call the company a different name. I say this as someone who speaks Japanese and calls the company "Mazda" in English and "Matsuda" in Japanese. However, I call all the other Japanese car companies by their Japanese pronunciation. I have a hard time getting Americans to understand what a Subaru is when I say it correctly.