In praise of Suzuki reliability

If it has an S on the front you can talk about it here.
Speed_Racer

One of the most influential factors that helped me choose to purchase a Kizashi after Suzuki disappeared were my positive experiences with my SV650S. Having just rolled the odo past 20,000 miles, it has been proof to me that Suzuki knows how to make quality motors!

If I'm not riding it like I stole it, I'm on a long 6+ hour tour to somewhere interesting. I park it outside, it gets rained on, previous owner dumped it on the right so it has some scuffs and acid stains. But in all my time, it has never left me stranded or failed to start unlike my previous bike, a newer Kawasaki.

I highly recommend the SV. A wonderful bike, very inexpensive to buy and own, tons of torque, and still turns heads at almost 12 years old. So between this and WESHOOT2's high mileage Kiz, I don't worry about car problems in years to come. Which is a first for me. Knock on wood!

'12 Kizashi,'03 SV650,'04 DL1000
SamirD

Very cool. How far have you ridden on it in one go? Seems like you've traveled quite a bit on it. 8-)
Speed_Racer

SamirD wrote:Very cool. How far have you ridden on it in one go? Seems like you've traveled quite a bit on it. 8-)
About 500 miles: Green River WY - Jackson - Idaho Falls - Salt Lake City. I was going to camp out near an old Idaho mining town but I missed an important turn and decided to head back home rather than back track and try to find it after sundown. My back and arms were killing me by the end haha!
'12 Kizashi,'03 SV650,'04 DL1000
SamirD

Speed_Racer wrote:
SamirD wrote:Very cool. How far have you ridden on it in one go? Seems like you've traveled quite a bit on it. 8-)
About 500 miles: Green River WY - Jackson - Idaho Falls - Salt Lake City. I was going to camp out near an old Idaho mining town but I missed an important turn and decided to head back home rather than back track and try to find it after sundown. My back and arms were killing me by the end haha!
Sounds like a fun trip, aside from the body aches.

In HSV the local sportbike group (close knit group of about 20 guys on a yahoo group) would have one of their members call out to everyone for a weekend riding. Headed up to a somewhere, camp, and then come right back, riding all day. If a bike's comfortable like a cruiser, I could see that. But since a sportbike becomes a part of you, I'm sure that's exhausting even though it keeps those guys in good shape!
Swiss_Kizzy

I know this post is old, bit i saw 650 with 3 times more mileage here in Europe. SV650 or for that matter all Suzuki motorcycle engine are know for reliability just after Yamaha. Honda/Suzuki takes the second place.
SamirD

Yep, definitely reliable. Ours just rolled over 80k and it's still running. :D I don't expect any issues for at least another 100k.
SamirD

SamirD wrote:Yep, definitely reliable. Ours just rolled over 80k and it's still running. :D I don't expect any issues for at least another 100k.
So this is the post where I jinxed myself. :o :facepalm: