Next Generation Suzuki Jimny Spotted in Testing

If it has an S on the front you can talk about it here.
KuroNekko

More renders and spy photos circulating of the 2018 Jimny. Looks like Suzuki went for a traditional design to appease the Jimny traditionalists.

2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
Ronzuki

Yeah that's definitely reverting to old school. Love the grill. Still not digging the squared-off wheel wells. Do you know if they're producing a soft-top model?

And at the opposite end of the spectrum, there's what we can mortgage to own in the states:

http://www.off-road.com/jeep/review/201 ... 54724.html

Pricing

If all of this sounds too good to be true, it's not. It is too good to be cheap, though. The Wrangler is $3,000 more expensive across the board, with a basic two-door Sport model now costing $26,995. Go for a base two-door Rubicon and the price jumps to $36,995, while the base four-door Sport model sells for $30,495.

If you want a four-door Rubicon, before additional extras like an automatic transmission or turbocharged engine, you'll be paying $40,495.

4-door Rubicons were approaching 50k list 2 years ago which means low-mid 50k list in reality.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
KuroNekko

I'm sure Suzuki will have a soft top version. It's always been popular with the Jimny/Samurai. Given they are popular as vacation adventure rentals in other parts of the world, I think Suzuki knows they need to make a soft top.

Yeah, I've heard about the Wrangler increasing its prices by three grand. That's quite a bit. I'm sure FCA is justifying it with the new models and the popularity, knowing that many consumers don't buy it for use as an offroader but as a statement vehicle. I know you got rid of your Heep and recently sold your Samurai so are you in the market again for an offroad-worthy SUV or truck?

I'll keep posting what info and photos I find of the all-new Jimny. I read that it's supposed to debut at an auto show early next year and go on sale shortly after.
Ronzuki

FCA isn't justifying anything. They're butt raping because they can. They are acutely aware that they're the only game in town.

I traded the 2004 TJ Rubicon in on the Kizashi in 2010 before the impending catastrophic engine failure reared its ugly head enough to deem the thing completely worthless. I still have the 2014 JKU Willys I was towing the Samurai with. Sold the Samurai to a guy that's about the biggest Samurai nut I've ever met. Not in the market for another off-roader. However, Suzuki comes back here with that new Jimny before I croak and/or can't drive any longer, I'm buying two...a hardtop to DD and a Soft-top to start modifying.

Definitely, please keep the pics and info coming....I can keep hoping and dreaming right?
Ron

KuroNekko

I had forgotten you had the 2014 Willys. I now recall you saying that was more your winter vehicle.
I too dream of one day owning a Suzuki Jimny. I hope Suzuki partners up with someone to make an affordable 4x4 for the USDM and then that gets imported under the other brand.
Ronzuki

That's about the only way we're going to see one here, maybe. That and Suzuki wanting to spend the time and money designing in and including all of the required nanny-state mandatories so it can be imported. Not likely and no doubt one of the contributing factors in their decision to exit in the first place.
Ron

KuroNekko

The next generation Suzuki Jimny has now been spotted with no camo disguise, confirming that the Jimny will have a boxy design as a throwback to the Samurai. From a distance, like in the video, they really look like new Samurais.
https://www.carscoops.com/2018/06/new-2 ... ite-color/

Ronzuki

killin' me....
Ron

KuroNekko

The new Jimny is now on Suzuki's global site officially.
http://www.globalsuzuki.com/automobile/ ... index.html

Jalopnik also wrote about it.
https://jalopnik.com/the-first-official ... 1826919596

I really want it but can't have it. Pass me the tissues, Ronzuki. :(
Woodie

Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency