Toyota Partnerships with Suzuki

If it has an S on the front you can talk about it here.
Ronzuki

whiteliner wrote:Main reason is Suzuki to manufacture electric cars in India. Maruti Suzuki providing manufacture & design of basic car structure & Toyota supply design of ev power train. Cars to be badged Suzuki & Toyota.
Yeah, that's my take on the whole thing...not interested.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
KuroNekko

whiteliner wrote:Main reason is Suzuki to manufacture electric cars in India. Maruti Suzuki providing manufacture & design of basic car structure & Toyota supply design of ev power train. Cars to be badged Suzuki & Toyota.
I think the scale is far more global than that. Toyota is an EV slacker and so are all of the companies they have partnered with; Mazda, Suzuki, and Subaru. This is of special importance given the other Japanese rivals, Nissan/Mitsubishi and Honda, have invested far more in EV technology than them. The two leading Japanese firms in electrified powertrains are now the same company (Nissan/Mitsubishi). Honda is famously independent but have invested heavily in the last several years into electrified powertrains and now have their Clarity line-up offering Fuel cell, PHEV, and battery EV versions of the same car. The smaller brands like Mazda, Suzuki, and Subaru are teaming up with Toyota to survive the inevitable paradigm shift from ICE to electric vehicles. While there is no doubt everyone wants a piece of Suzuki for their grasp on the Indian market, India will take longer than developed countries to go electric. It's in first-world markets like Japan and Europe that Suzuki doesn't want to become irrelevant in over the next decade or so. While I do agree that the partnership has a lot to do with EVs, I don't think it's all about India. We can also hope it leads to some partnered vehicles in the interim, much like Toyota and Mazda's collaborating on the Mazda2/Yaris iA.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
KuroNekko

Sounds like things are coming together for Suzuki and Toyota for the Indian market. If they could work together for a USDM release of a small 4x4, that would be stellar.

https://wap.business-standard.com/artic ... 213_1.html
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)