Suzuki Jimny Wins 2018 Good Design Gold Award in Japan

If it has an S on the front you can talk about it here.
Onikarge

Suzuki Motor Corporation’s all-new Jimny 4WD minicar and compact car have won the 2018 Good Design Gold Award* in Japan. Good Design Gold Award is chosen from among those selected as Good Design Best 100 that presents particularly outstanding designs. This is the first time for Suzuki to win the Good Design Gold Award. :!: Launched for the first time in 20 years in July 2018 in Japan, the all-new Jimny pursued simplistic beauty that devotes to functionality under the design concept of "tool for professionals". Its square body, which lets the driver understand the vehicle’s posture and situation, contributes to its off-road drivability, as well as realises highly practical car that devotes to functionality including loading performance, manoeuvrability, and even its interior and exterior colours.

<Comment from the jury>
In the global automobile market packed with many products, the Jimny has achieved an unchallengeable, distinctive position. It has also undertaken an ideal re-design in its model-change process, evolving by pursuing the functions sought in a “tool”, which we value highly. Especially in its latest model-change, sophisticated design is realised while keeping the good points of its previous models.”

*The Good Design Award was founded in 1957 as the Good Design Product Selection System (or G Mark System), by the Ministry of International Trade and Industry (the current Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry). It is the only system in Japan to comprehensively evaluate and recommend design.

Extracted from: http://www.globalsuzuki.com/globalnews/2018/1031.html
KuroNekko

That's great news but not surprising as Suzuki seemed to have put a lot of effort in the design and purpose of the new Jimny. I have a few Good Design awarded products I've bought in Japan over the years and they really are great products that stand above the rest in design, purpose, and user experience.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
letssurf84

The Jimny really looks like a Jeep.
WESHOOT2

I sell Jeeps (now).
I'd rather have the Suzuki.
Ronzuki

Not on its best day could a Heep ever look anything like a Samurai/Jimny.

WESHOOT...when did you start peddling that over-priced garbage?
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
WESHOOT2

They "down-sized" me at the Honda place Feb 1st, and I started at Jeep in April.
I was gonna start collecting my SS but that deer totaled my GTS, so here I am working........
letssurf84

WESHOOT2 wrote:I sell Jeeps (now).
I'd rather have the Suzuki.
Me too. Suzuki for the win!
KuroNekko

WESHOOT2 wrote:They "down-sized" me at the Honda place Feb 1st, and I started at Jeep in April.
I was gonna start collecting my SS but that deer totaled my GTS, so here I am working........
What do you think of the new Compass? For a CUV, I like it. I appreciate that Jeep gave it a manual paired with AWD. That's a rare combo these days.
WESHOOT2

....think of the new Compass?
Turd.

Try the V6 or 2.0L turbo Cherokee instead.........
KuroNekko

WESHOOT2 wrote:
....think of the new Compass?
Turd.

Try the V6 or 2.0L turbo Cherokee instead.........
How do you think the upcoming Gladiator will sell?