My first Suzuki

If it has an S on the front you can talk about it here.
HeyItsMilk

I’ve just gotten a Suzuki and it’s really rare around my area. I haven’t seen to many and have looked everywhere for pictures. Anyone have any tips to make it look good? have a paint job coming in the future to go back to the original blue so I can clean it up and a sub box coming soon for 2 10’s. But for the body I haven’t been able to find to many ideas on what to do for it. I wanna make it unique but these parts are hard to find. Can’t even find any aftermarket parts for it hardly. Want some better rims but these current ones don’t look to bad. Ideas are appreciated! :D
Yes, the seats have been cleaned up. Took 2 hours but I got it done lol.
Attachments
IMG_7823.jpeg
IMG_7822.jpeg
IMG_7821.jpeg
IMG_7824.jpeg
IMG_7851.jpeg
Woodie

Welcome HeyItsMilk !

They're rare everywhere, not just in your area. Didn't sell very well and then Suzuki abandoned North America altogether.

Road Race Motorsports made some body parts when the Kizashi first came out, but that's been 14 years now.

I see you have the automatic, that's the weak point on this car and ungodly expensive to repair if it goes out. Old Tech is a member here who has a repair shop in western Pennsylvania. He's an expert on Kizashi and especially the CVT. I see no front license plates on the cars in the lot, if that means Pennsylvania then you're in luck.

This is probably the best post on this site: viewtopic.php?f=32&t=3192
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
Obama_is_hot6

imo the best stuff to do is preventative maintenance, get your transmission fluid changed. I think the manual says to do it every 30k miles. Thats what I did when I got mine, was new brakes, spark plugs, shocks, fluids, and gaskets. but as far as after market parts the only ones ive found that are actually in stock are H&R lowered springs (PN: 54101). but yeah id definitely recommend getting it repainted and professionally cleaned inside too ( like the seats) that would prob be the best way to make it looks nice.
YUUUURT
old tech

Ona total repainting of the car , I would suggest a cheaper route that would look good. Paint the center section of the roof with Rustoleum gloss back with a foam roller . It will look amazing for probably $12.Image
I’m sorry I don’t have a pic but it gives it a much newer look. On the hood, serif you can use compressed air or pressure washer to remove as much of the flaking clear on hood as you can. I know good body guys will use a razor blade I’m not that skilled. If removal is successful then lightly wet sand and clear coat with aerosol. Remove headlights and convert only low beams with Auxbeam f22 h7 leds . Wet sand and spray clear coatImage
The same 2 part clear for both hood and lenses. If the hood doesn’t cooperate, roll it too. The trunk lid can be found cheaper used than trying to fix it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HeyItsMilk

Woodie wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 12:35 pm Welcome HeyItsMilk !

They're rare everywhere, not just in your area. Didn't sell very well and then Suzuki abandoned North America altogether.

Road Race Motorsports made some body parts when the Kizashi first came out, but that's been 14 years now.

I see you have the automatic, that's the weak point on this car and ungodly expensive to repair if it goes out. Old Tech is a member here who has a repair shop in western Pennsylvania. He's an expert on Kizashi and especially the CVT. I see no front license plates on the cars in the lot, if that means Pennsylvania then you're in luck.

This is probably the best post on this site: viewtopic.php?f=32&t=3192

I’m over here in Georgia, my dad ended up with two of 2010’s from a car auction and used the other one to fix this one up before he sold to the first customer two years ago, it went through two other customers before I traded him a truck for it and well here we are, my first week with it hahaha.
HeyItsMilk

Obama_is_hot6 wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 2:07 pm imo the best stuff to do is preventative maintenance, get your transmission fluid changed. I think the manual says to do it every 30k miles. Thats what I did when I got mine, was new brakes, spark plugs, shocks, fluids, and gaskets. but as far as after market parts the only ones ive found that are actually in stock are H&R lowered springs (PN: 54101). but yeah id definitely recommend getting it repainted and professionally cleaned inside too ( like the seats) that would prob be the best way to make it looks nice.
All of that was already replaced about 6 months ago by the last person to own it when they took it to the shop. I haven’t looked into the lowered springs yet though I’ll look into em. Repainted I’m definitely going professional I’m giving it to our body shop guy and having him repaint it and telling him it’s going to be sold. When in reality it’s just going back to me.
KuroNekko

Welcome!
As the others stated, the transmission is the weakest point of a used Kizashi with an automatic transmission. Definitely check to see that it's in good order before you spend the time and money on a paint job.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
KlutzNinja

What’s the mileage on this car? I’d imagine most 2010 Kizashis at this point are in the danger zone of CVT failure, which is usually anywhere from 100-125k miles, but occasionally below 100k if the car was driven rough and never had the transmission fluid changed.
Current: Blue 2018 Mazda 3 GT 5-Door
Previous: Blue 2010 Ford Focus SES,
Black 2013 Kizashi Sport GTS-L (CVT; FWD)(RIP)
makanaky

Congrats and enjoy the process of make it look better.
I love this bright interior. I wonder what percentage of Kizashi had it and in what model was that interior used more often.
KuroNekko

makanaky wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:21 pm Congrats and enjoy the process of make it look better.
I love this bright interior. I wonder what percentage of Kizashi had it and in what model was that interior used more often.
The color of the interior was dependent on the color of the exterior. I believe the blue and white Kizashis got the tan interior while other colors like black got the black interior. I can't say for leather.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)