Upcoming Swift-S

If it has an S on the front you can talk about it here.
TheHolyGhost

Teaser Image Leaked

Hopefully this will come to the US when the regular version does.
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed
Platinum Silver Metallic (Battle wounded)

2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
xwiredtva

They should bring the "S" model in first. Brings a lot of attention to the brand. If they bring in a bland box they will not get much attention. And attention is what you want. The whole reason we have social media like facebook and tweeter is for attention, whether individual or company it's all for attention "look at me! look what I did!". So give them something that deserves attention, a Swift S with 2.0L engine, 6spd, 18" wheels, ground effect kit and a spoiler = attention. Let the media run all over it then back it up with massive ad campaign. What they should have done and tried to do with the Kizashi in October 2009. However there was no 300hp V6 machine to blow their pants off.

When Porsche updates the 911 model they start with the Turbo. The top of the line, bread and butter, fastest mule in the barn. Update it, hand it over to the media, then quietly update the rest and let the world know (well the world most of us don't see). Audi, Mercedes, Aston Martin (then the Jag comes), they all do it.

Another reason Suzuki needs to build a supercar, their version of a supercar (you know the affordable kind). Something less than 50k, 35k to start maybe.

Or they can build a limited number of turbo Swift S models. Maybe add AWD to it. Be an Evo style car. It may run $20-25k but it may also run to 60 in 4.5 seconds and THAT is front page worthy.
TheHolyGhost

I agree. As great as the Kizashi is, it's still "just" a sedan. They need something BIG to be like "we're here and we mean business."
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
xwiredtva

They may learn what is pushing Fiat into 1st. Alfa Romeo's 8c. Not too many can own it but it brings more people into the showrooms. The Abarth editions. It's certainly not Fiat's attention to detail and quality or their reliability.

With Fiat and Suzuki's partnership I HOPED we would see a set of six chrome pipes under the hood... Still hoping. Suzuki could license the 3.2L Alfa engine. What an engine that is. The engine hits 3 frequency's at all times and aside from the sound of a Vantage V8/V12 it's very distinct and has a tremendous, soul filled growl.

It's an engine I would pay to see under the hood of the Kizashi chassis (the one in my garage of course).
TheHolyGhost

It's a cool looking car, I hope they bring it!
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
Firefly

Beautiful car.
Former driver of a 2011 SLS AWD Platinum
Manu

Hello from germany

The Swift S-Concept won`t be produced.It was just a pure concept.
There also won`t be any "powerful" engines in the future.
The new Sport has the same engine as the "old" one:
M16A-engine with ~134HP and a top speed of ~121mph.

No concept, no better design, no other engines.

Also the new Swift Sport is tested by Suzuki here in Germany on the "Nürburgring" and was presented 2 or 3 weeks ago for a selected community.

These are the pics of the presentation and testing of the new Swift Sport:
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
~tc~

Any ideas on what the Nurburgring lap time was (or for the Kizashi)?
2011 Sport SLS with nav Black Pearl Metallic